The Star Wars Thread v2 - *NO SPOILERS*

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
Nibble
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread v2 - *NO SPOILERS*
by Nibble » Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:44 am

Xeno wrote:It's been in 6 movies and 4 tv shows. There are other places they could be.

Maybe they should change the name to Sand Wars.

Tomous
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

by Tomous » Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:46 am

I think part of my lack of enthusiasm for Boba Fett was when I realised it was set in Tatooine again.

Victor Mildew
Joined in 2009

by Victor Mildew » Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:48 am

I'm really enjoying Boba Fett, but it really feels like a retread of the mandalorian. I understand they're going to have to cross over at some point with them showing his tanning bed flashbacks,but surely it'd be more interesting to have half the episode on a current and really out there mission somewhere we've never seen, then having the flashbacks be shorter and set on tatooine.

I've never got the love for Boba, and this isn't doing much to cement the fan boy wet dream image of him being this ultimate badass. He should be the bounty Hunter equivalent of Vader showing up, but all he seems to do is take his helmet off, stand there and growl something before rolling his eyes and walking off.

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
Dual
Joined in 2008

by Dual » Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:02 pm

Snowflake cuck Boba Fett lets his pigs and FEMALE bodyguard do all the fighting.

Robbo-92
Joined in 2018
AKA: Robbo-92

by Robbo-92 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:17 pm

I think that’s another of my minor gripes with The Book of Boba Fett, in that Boba should be a bit of a badass while all we’ve seen happen so far is him getting beaten up and then go for a nap to sleep it off.

Return_of_the_STAR
Joined in 2008

by Return_of_the_STAR » Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:49 pm

My biggest criticism of Book of boba fett is that it's just too similar in tone to the mandalorian. It just doesn't feel like a different show and it's existence ruins the uniqueness of the mandalorian. Obviously I'll still watch both shows though :lol:

Shoe Army
Xeno
Joined in 2008

by Xeno » Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:08 pm

I am hoping that Mando travels to other places and that any new series does the same.

I do have to say that I am enjoying TBBF.

Alvin Flummux
Joined in 2008

by Alvin Flummux » Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:39 am

The Mandalorian is essentially the show Book of Boba Fett might have been, had the Mandalorian never been made; all up in the bounty hunting sphere, traveling hither and yon, while also exploring Mandalorian culture. But that territory is taken, and Boba Fett is free to explore a very different, but somewhat adjacent and sometimes overlapping, world - that of the galactic underworld, with its criminal syndicates, power games, turf wars and more. Fett's still very much in the "conquer your local neighborhood" phase of his criminal imperial ambitions (I got a very videogame vibe in the scene where Matt Berry was giving Fett the factional lay of the land), with a very local focus on Jabba's seat of power, but I doubt it'll remain there forever.

The shows have a similar feel, and will probably intersect several times, but they're not on the same path.

DarkRula
Joined in 2018

by DarkRula » Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:13 am

Episode 4 of BoBF is another great episode. Particularly how most of it is dedicated to the flashback of finding Fennec and their first mission together. And once again, a sonic charge is used. That sarlacc is now properly cooked.

Supachipz
Joined in 2008

by Supachipz » Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:16 pm

Thanks for the recommendation on the Clone Wars. I started with the movie and it was exactly what I was looking for: Anakin, Yoda, Obi-Wan, Jaba, Padme all the kinds of back story I want. I enjoyed the movie, though had to watch it in three sittings. Going to give the show a go now

DarkRula
Joined in 2018

by DarkRula » Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:49 pm

Supachipz wrote:Thanks for the recommendation on the Clone Wars. I started with the movie and it was exactly what I was looking for: Anakin, Yoda, Obi-Wan, Jaba, Padme all the kinds of back story I want. I enjoyed the movie, though had to watch it in three sittings. Going to give the show a go now

No problem. The series has a whole lot of that stuff. Plenty of battles and digging deeper into the war. Hope you enjoy it all.

Robbo-92
Joined in 2018

by Robbo-92 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:58 pm

About half way into episode 4 of Boba Fett and despite the flashbacks still being the focal point of the majority of the episodes this has felt a lot more like what I was expecting from the series before it started.

D_C
Joined in 2011

by D_C » Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:14 pm

Loved the cheeky General Grievous nod in the flashback :lol: Also, did they find a way to refer to the moped gang as the mods? That did get a little chuckle.

Robbo-92
Joined in 2018

by Robbo-92 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:19 pm

Just finished chapter 4 and thought it was the best episode so far, by quite a way as well.

Last edited by Robbo-92 on Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DarkRula
Joined in 2018

by DarkRula » Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:26 pm

D_C wrote:Loved the cheeky General Grievous nod in the flashback :lol: Also, did they find a way to refer to the moped gang as the mods? That did get a little chuckle.

That droid clearly watched The Clone Wars.

Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

by Moggy » Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:25 pm

Ming-Na Wen and Jennifer Beals are both 58. When did we invent eternal youth? :datass:

I've enjoyed the whole series so far but thought today's was a step up. I'm looking forward to the war starting.

Kanbei
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

by Kanbei » Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:50 pm

Supachipz wrote:Thanks for the recommendation on the Clone Wars. I started with the movie and it was exactly what I was looking for: Anakin, Yoda, Obi-Wan, Jaba, Padme all the kinds of back story I want. I enjoyed the movie, though had to watch it in three sittings. Going to give the show a go now

If you are enjoying the start you will love the final few seasons. Absolute god tier stuff at the end.

Rebels isn't quite as good but still absolutely brilliant. Dave Filoni who is one of the showrunners of the Mandalorian and Boba Fett was the guy in charge of it all.

Robbo-92
Joined in 2018

by Robbo-92 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:29 pm

Moggy wrote:Ming-Na Wen and Jennifer Beals are both 58. When did we invent eternal youth? :datass:

I've enjoyed the whole series so far but thought today's was a step up. I'm looking forward to the war starting.

I had no idea both were 58 :shock:

I do agree that todays episode was a step in the right direction for myself, looking forward a bit more to next weeks than I have been before.

Kanbei wrote:

If you are enjoying the start you will love the final few seasons. Absolute god tier stuff at the end.

Rebels isn't quite as good but still absolutely brilliant. Dave Filoni who is one of the showrunners of the Mandalorian and Boba Fett was the guy in charge of it all.

The last 4 episode of series 7 of Clone Wars is superb. I really enjoyed Rebels as I found it a lot more consistently good than Clone Wars, the high points of Clone Wars beat the high points of Rebels though in my opinion.

Frank
Joined in 2009

by Frank » Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:27 pm

Have they ever said anything officially about the decision to stop calling Boba Fett's ship Slave 1?

With the Lego version that released a few months back to tie-in with the Mandalorian it was just referred to as "Boba Fett's Ship", and in this episode he just refers to it as his Firespray Gunship. I wasn't sure if they've ever officially said that they're going to rebrand it.

Also that gate scene, and peering into the Sarlacc pit just shows how impractical the thing is :slol:

EDIT: The Mandalorian musical sting at the end :datass:

Alvin Flummux
Joined in 2008

by Alvin Flummux » Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:42 am

Fennec dropping the seismic charge into the Sarlacc was an excellent move, and the gunning down of the biker gang was so very satisfying. :nod:

The bike gang hired by Fett being called the Mods was a great decision. Not only does it reflect the group's actual Mod origins, but it also references their body modification penchant. :datass:

Also, the Galaxy's Edge Cantina has a brilliant playlist, that I hadn't heard before today:

Bops a-plenty.

Return to “Stuff”