Epic Star Trek Re-Watch - TOS Movies Final Week - Final Frontier & Undiscovered Country! Pg 28! (TNG NEXT WEEK)

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
Cheeky Devlin
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Epic Star Trek Re-Watch - The Animated Series - Week 2!
by Cheeky Devlin » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:05 pm

Moggy wrote:I may have already "acquired" them on the high seas..... :shifty:

Good stuff.

My only caution would be that some of the movies have sections of alien dialogue (Klingon, Vulcan etc) and not all high-seas versions will have the subtitles you need to understand those scenes.

Suffice to say I will take that into account for those who need it. :shifty:

Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

by Moggy » Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:56 pm

Subtitles? I never agreed to read anything :x

Mudd's Passion

Mudd returns and date rapes everyone. Kirk gets a rock monster to want to strawberry float him.

Standard Trek really :lol:

Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

by Moggy » Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:25 am

The Terratin Incident

I've always liked stories where people are shrunk to a tiny size. But this was mostly boring. And the resolution was gooseberry fool.

The Time Trap

Bermuda Triangle! In SPACE! :lol: Not a bad episode, it could have been expanded into a decent enough full length episode.

The Ambergris Element

Shite. :lol:

Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

by Moggy » Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:35 pm

The Slaver Weapon

An episode without Kirk! But Spock, Uhura and Sulu work well together. The concept is interesting and could have made a great story, but the crap alien enemies ruined it.

Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

by Moggy » Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:03 pm

The Eye of the Beholder

Space slugs outwit humans and Vulcans. ;)

It retreaded old ground again "more advanced race puts them in a zoo, but it was quite well done.

Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

by Moggy » Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:26 pm

The Jihad

Kirk and Spock join up with a Bird Muslim to complete a Dungeons and Dragons quest.

Absolute shite. But funny. :lol:

Cheeky Devlin
Joined in 2008

by Cheeky Devlin » Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:39 pm

Once Upon A Planet
Bit of a retread of Shore Leave, but with a bit of a twist to it.
Loved how Kirk volunteered Spock to stay and chat with the computer just because he couldn't be strawberry floated. :lol:

Mudds Passion
Scotty totally nailed the Cat lieutenant/ensign crewmember. :datass:
But yeah more Mudd shenanigans. Not much more to say on that really.

Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

by Moggy » Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:41 pm

Cheeky Devlin wrote:Scotty totally nailed the Cat lieutenant/ensign crewmember. :datass:

All it needed was a scene of them both smoking. :lol:

Cheeky Devlin
Joined in 2008

by Cheeky Devlin » Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:48 pm

Moggy wrote:
Cheeky Devlin wrote:Scotty totally nailed the Cat lieutenant/ensign crewmember. :datass:

All it needed was a scene of them both smoking. :lol:

:lol:

Cheeky Devlin
Joined in 2008

by Cheeky Devlin » Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:20 am

The Terratin Incident

Always enjoy a story like this, but it was a bit meh. It's fun to see everything at weird scales though.

The Time Trap

Not bad. More Klingons are always fun and they're even more cartoonish here than ever.

The Ambergris Element

There was something a bit fishy about this one. :shifty:

The Slaver Weapon

Precursor civilisation stuff is interesting. Nice to see Sulu and Uhuru getting some attention.

Jenuall
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall

by Jenuall » Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:00 pm

Being stuck at home with Covid does mean I've had time to catch up on Trek!

The Magicks of Megas-tu
Another "mankind on trial" kind of episode. Kirk saves the devil and apparently this is a good thing? Decent enough.

Once Upon a Planet
Back in wonderland, the computer running the fairground rides gets bored and decides to start strawberry floating with people, can't say I blame it!

Mudd's Passion
Harry Mudd steals a homophobic love potion and Nurse Chapel finally gets to have some Spock affection. Still probably not the worst Mudd episode! :lol:

The Terratin Incident
Trek goes all Borrowers on us and give us an episode of tiny people! Thought this was pretty good in all honesty, nice to see them doing something that works well in animation and would have been hard to do live action.

The Time Trap
Crew end up in a pocket universe utopia but decide to escape by teaming up with the Klingons who, surprise surprise, attempt to blackmail them! Love how the device that was going to kill them all was about the size of a strawberry floating matchbox! :lol:

The Ambergris Element
Not going to lie, all I was thinking about the whole time was this:

I mean it's all very kids cartoon by this point isn't it? I did enjoy how long they left Kirk and Spock clearly suffocating before thinking "gooseberry fool, let's get them back in the water" :lol:

The Slaver Weapon
Do we ever hear more about the unfortunately named "Slaver" civilization? Seems like their magic boxes are pretty important what with them containing amazing things like... novelty "6 in 1" kids toy ray-guns!

The Eye of the Beholder
It's The Cage again! Kind of zoned out during this one in all honesty.

The Jihad
Kirk and Spock team up with some randoms for a heist! The hastily assembled team includes a horny woman with the hots for Kirk, the inspiration for Jill "Master of Unlocking" Valentine and some dude who is clearly going to double cross them! This was pretty fun to be fair, even if Lara really does need to learn that no means no!

Cheeky Devlin
Joined in 2008

by Cheeky Devlin » Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:19 am

The Eye of the Beholder
As Jenuall said, it's pretty much the Cage again, right down to the psychic powers. Though these aliens were far dumber than the Talosians.

The Jihad
Random alien-team-up time for a nebulous and ultimately pointless do-dah.
Zoned out on this in all honesty.

Cheeky Devlin
Joined in 2008

by Cheeky Devlin » Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:19 am

The final week of The Animated Series!

Only six episodes in this last batch, then I hope you're all ready for some big-screen adventures next week!

Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Epic Star Trek Re-Watch - The Animated Series - Final Week!! Movies start 30th Jan!
by Moggy » Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:17 am

The Pirates of Orion

It wasn't awful, but there were a few stupid things that took me out of the episode. The Orion aliens looked liked they were going to a superhero cosplay :lol:

But it was also silly that they mention at the start that the disease is under control, then Spock gets it and only then does Bones decide to tell everyone "oh gooseberry fool, it's fatal to Vulcans!". Cheers Bones, that information might have been useful when the outbreak first started.....

gaminglegend
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Epic Star Trek Re-Watch - The Animated Series - Final Week!! Movies start 30th Jan!
by gaminglegend » Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:07 am

Sorry wrong Star Trek thread

Check out the GRCADE Beer Money Thread - Free shares & Bank Switch Offers £££! :msgreen:
https://grcade.co.uk/t:the-making-beer-money-thread
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

by Moggy » Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:54 pm

Bem

I really liked this one. A hilarious bit at the start when they fell into the water after beaming down. :lol:

The alien they had with them was a little bit annoying, but I liked the "god" that was in charge.

This would have made a great live action episode, although the effects in that era would have probably made that impossible.

Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

by Moggy » Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:32 pm

The Practical Joker

Pretty shite. :lol:

The idea of the computer turning on them was interesting, but poorly executed and was just annoying.

I did like their VR setup though. Hopefully we can get that by the time the PlayStation 8 is released.

Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

by Moggy » Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:55 pm

Albatross

Another good episode. It was obvious when they said Vulcans are the only beings who are immune what was going to happen, but it was still enjoyable.

But I glad that future humanity refuses to succumb to the tyranny of face masks and that aurora was blatantly just a 5G cloud :x

One thing I've noticed with the animated series is how camp Kirk is when he laughs. What is with the hand on the face :lol:

Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

by Moggy » Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:29 pm

How Sharper Than a Serpent's Tooth

It's amazing that in the Star Trek world, it's not just God that exists, ALL the gods exist. :lol:

Not awful but I felt myself feeling distracted during it, which isn't a great sign of a great episode.

One to go. :toot:

Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

by Moggy » Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:19 pm

The Counterclock Incident

Red Dwarf did this idea much better. :lol:

Not much of this made sense. A silly end to the original crews TV shows.

Return to “Stuff”