Politics Thread 6

Fed up talking videogames? Why?

Who will you vote for at the next General Election?

Conservative
10%
Labour
41%
Liberal Democrat
18%
Green
14%
SNP
10%
Brexit Party
3%
UKIP
1%
Plaid Cymru
2%
DUP
1%
Sinn Fein
1%
The Independent Group for Change
No votes

Total votes: 158
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: Politics Thread 6
by Moggy » Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:26 am

Cuttooth wrote:How does a Cabinet Office report prejudice a police investigation?

The Cabinet Office report contains photos of Cressida Dick pole dancing at one of the parties.

Winckle
Technician
Joined in 2008

by Winckle » Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:29 am

Winckle wrote:
rinks wrote:
captain red dog wrote:I doubt there will be the evidence to actually fine Boris anyway.

captain red dog wrote:I'd be shocked if there wasn't footage.

Those are actually not mutually exclusive, given a high enough amount of state corruption.

It brings me no pleasure to say CRD called it.

We should migrate GRcade to Flarum. :toot:
Oblomov Boblomov
Joined in 2008
AKA: Mind Crime, SSBM_God

by Oblomov Boblomov » Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:32 am

Cuttooth wrote:How does a Cabinet Office report prejudice a police investigation?

I guess I should have said "out of the context of the total bastardry of it all, but within the context of a report that is of exceptional public interest and national debate".

Rex Kramer
Joined in 2008

by Rex Kramer » Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:36 am

I'm sure this has absolutely nothing to do with them having to work out how all this happened in a building they have the security detail for and nothing was done about it at the time.

captain red dog
Joined in 2008

by captain red dog » Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:37 am

How can anyone think anything other than the Met police are doing everything in their power to avoid any heat on Downing Street? From refusing to investigate retrospectively, to delaying the release of the Gray report earlier this week, to now delaying or gutting it altogether for an unknown time frame, everything they have done appears to be the best possible result for No 10.

Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

by Moggy » Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:41 am

twitter.com/jolyonmaugham/status/1486978978145579008

twitter.com/jolyonmaugham/status/1486981837465567233

captain red dog
Joined in 2008

by captain red dog » Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:46 am

I have never known a situation for the normal public where a claim of criminality is made, and the police allow you to do your own report on it before even beginning to investigate.

This would literally be like me holding a party during lockdown, my neighbour calling the police, and then the police doing nothing unless I send them evidence of my own party.

Surely the fact the police are acting on a report by the alleged criminals is prejudicial in itself!

Rex Kramer
Joined in 2008

by Rex Kramer » Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:46 am

captain red dog wrote:How can anyone think anything other than the Met police are doing everything in their power to avoid any heat on Downing Street? From refusing to investigate retrospectively, to delaying the release of the Gray report earlier this week, to now delaying or gutting it altogether for an unknown time frame, everything they have done appears to be the best possible result for No 10.

I'm not entirely sure this is the Met covering for Johnson, more the Met covering for their own inadequacies. Johnson is just taking advantage of that.

Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

by Moggy » Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:51 am

Rex Kramer wrote:
captain red dog wrote:How can anyone think anything other than the Met police are doing everything in their power to avoid any heat on Downing Street? From refusing to investigate retrospectively, to delaying the release of the Gray report earlier this week, to now delaying or gutting it altogether for an unknown time frame, everything they have done appears to be the best possible result for No 10.

I'm not entirely sure this is the Met covering for Johnson, more the Met covering for their own inadequacies. Johnson is just taking advantage of that.

Yeah I think it's more the police covering up their mistakes/incompetence/collusion.

captain red dog
Joined in 2008

by captain red dog » Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:52 am

Rex Kramer wrote:

Yes but their actions, or lack of, have directly benefitted the the alleged criminals every step of the way. The Met should have been the ones doing the Sue Gray work from the very start.

We also have to take into account that the Met are also implicated as they allowed the parties to take place behind their own security cordon. I'd argue at this point another force should be brought in to investigate the entire shambles as the Met certainly aren't acting independently.

It's one hell of a suspicion, but I can't avoid feeling this is some kind of payback for Dick keeping her job after all the scandals of the recent years.

Oblomov Boblomov
Joined in 2008
AKA: Mind Crime, SSBM_God

by Oblomov Boblomov » Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:07 am

captain red dog wrote:
Rex Kramer wrote:

Yes but their actions, or lack of, have directly benefitted the the alleged criminals every step of the way. The Met should have been the ones doing the Sue Gray work from the very start.

We also have to take into account that the Met are also implicated as they allowed the parties to take place behind their own security cordon. I'd argue at this point another force should be brought in to investigate the entire shambles as the Met certainly aren't acting independently.

It's one hell of a suspicion, but I can't avoid feeling this is some kind of payback for Dick keeping her job after all the scandals of the recent years.

That's exactly it. They obviously tried to avoid investigating as long as possible because there's simply no way a proper review could find that they didn't either strawberry float up enormously over and over again or they actively covered up breaches of the law over and over again.

This latest act is merely another way of delaying formal confirmation of their strawberry float ups/corruption and taking it into their own hands, obviously so they can eventually publish some sort of cover up.

Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

by Moggy » Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:10 am

A video has been released of partygoers in the Downing Street garden after one of the all night parties.

Rex Kramer
Joined in 2008

by Rex Kramer » Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:13 am

How dare you beseech the good name of Nicholas Angel. He's just about the only member of the force we can trust to get to the bottom of this.

Victor Mildew
Joined in 2009

by Victor Mildew » Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:15 am

Captain Tim would be proud.

In fact I'm surprised they haven't referenced him in all of this.

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
Dowbocop
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

by Dowbocop » Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:19 am

Rex Kramer wrote:How dare you beseech the good name of Nicholas Angel. He's just about the only member of the force we can trust to get to the bottom of this.

*service...

Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

by Moggy » Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:23 am

Victor Mildew wrote:Captain Tim would be proud.

DID THE TROOPS GET WFH TAX BREAKS FOR FIGHTING THE NAZIS????!!!!!

Victor Mildew
Joined in 2009

by Victor Mildew » Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:24 am

Moggy wrote:
Victor Mildew wrote:Captain Tim would be proud.

DID THE TROOPS GET WFH TAX BREAKS FOR FIGHTING THE NAZIS????!!!!!

NO! THEY GOT ON WITH IT.

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
Rex Kramer
Joined in 2008

by Rex Kramer » Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:33 am

The only positive (and this may be because my feed is just an echo chamber) is there seems to be a universal acceptance on Twitter that this move is a load of bollocks.

Hexx
Joined in 2008

by Hexx » Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:34 am

twitter.com/davidallengreen/status/1486972537338843137

Hexx
Joined in 2008

by Hexx » Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:34 am

I think they most detressing thing is the Met etc isn't even trying to hide their blatent corruption anymore.

They used to at least over a token defence.

Return to “Stuff”