GBeebies Talk Trash - TalkTV to close television channel and move 'online only'

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
Memento Mori
Joined in 2008
AKA: Emperor Mori

PostRe: GBeebies Talk Trash - Piers Morgan gets called a c**t on his own show, loses even more viewers
by Memento Mori » Thu May 19, 2022 3:03 pm

This is what the next Alan Partridge TV show will be isn't it? Alan's got a job on a failing right-wing propaganda station and he's desperately trying to poach his former This Time colleague who hates him.

KK
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GBeebies Talk Trash - Piers Morgan gets called a c**t on his own show, loses even more viewers
by KK » Thu May 19, 2022 3:04 pm

twitter.com/Otto_English/status/1521909494053326848

Obviously this tweet was from the halcyon days of Piers Morgan pulling in a massive 62,000.

Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

by Moggy » Thu May 19, 2022 4:31 pm

Memento Mori wrote:This is what the next Alan Partridge TV show will be isn't it? Alan's got a job on a failing right-wing propaganda station and he's desperately trying to poach his former This Time colleague who hates him.

Too far fetched, nobody would believe that could happen in real life.

KK
Joined in 2008

by KK » Fri May 20, 2022 1:01 pm

twitter.com/piersmorgan/status/1527588324323561474

Because Piers never seems to mention the actual lousy viewership figure since the Trump interviews, it was 73,800.

He managed this on a night there was practically nothing of interest on any of the other channels, which universally recorded a series of poor figures.

KingK
Joined in 2008

by KingK » Sun May 22, 2022 10:42 am

I genuinely have no idea where / how I would watch Talk TV or GMB if I wanted to

Barnsy!
Joined in 2019

by Barnsy! » Sun May 22, 2022 11:44 am

I guess [based on the previous pages] you guys don't like Jordan Peterson than :D

I've read all his books (not including the meat one :D ), gone to see him speak a couple of times, listened to all the Joe Rogan conversations, have listened to most of content on his channel - I must admit I actually quite like him and I don't really understand the hate. To be fair there are two Jordan Petersons, there's the political one that 'owns the feminists' but I'm more interested in the second Jordan Peterson, the perceptive thinker psychologist who came up through academia, whose sensitive and wants to help people be better. I can be kind of a depressed and anxious dude and his works have helped me. He's like the psychologists for people (perhaps like me) who could maybe benefit from therapy but would never go to therapy, like a parasocial father figure to lots of people offering practical encouragement. He seems to be [possibly wilfully] very misunderstood - he's labelled as fascist or alt-right, but he's like the opposite of toxic masculinity - he cries publicly all the time and always speaks about much he loves his family, I'm quite sure he's not out to hurt anyone, he seems to want the best for people and (I know this isn't an intellectual or quantifiable thing to say) but he seems incredibly nice and decent.

His main message seems life is hard but the best way you can reduce the inherent suffering in life is through self improvement, meaningfulness and being a better version of yourself and taking responsibility.

RetroCora
Joined in 2022

by RetroCora » Sun May 22, 2022 11:55 am

He is not willfully misunderstood, he's a charlatan and people are starting to cotton on to that. His academic credentials don't stand up either - even his own faculty members at the University of Toronto can't stand him(one called him "the professor of piffle" a couple of years ago). I'm glad he's helped your mental health a little, but please do a bit of further research into who he is, what his opinions are and how dangerous he has the potential to be as a cultural "intellectual."

Tomous
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

by Tomous » Sun May 22, 2022 12:02 pm

Barnsy! wrote:I guess [based on the previous pages] you guys don't like Jordan Peterson than :D

I've read all his books (not including the meat one :D ), gone to see him speak a couple of times, listened to all the Joe Rogan conversations, have listened to most of content on his channel - I must admit I actually quite like him and I don't really understand the hate. To be fair there are two Jordan Petersons, there's the political one that 'owns the feminists' but I'm more interested in the second Jordan Peterson, the perceptive thinker psychologist who came up through academia, whose sensitive and wants to help people be better. I can be kind of a depressed and anxious dude and his works have helped me. He's like the psychologists for people (perhaps like me) who could maybe benefit from therapy but would never go to therapy, like a parasocial father figure to lots of people offering practical encouragement. He seems to be [possibly wilfully] very misunderstood - he's labelled as fascist or alt-right, but he's like the opposite of toxic masculinity - he cries publicly all the time and always speaks about much he loves his family, I'm quite sure he's not out to hurt anyone, he seems to want the best for people and (I know this isn't an intellectual or quantifiable thing to say) but he seems incredibly nice and decent.

His main message seems life is hard but the best way you can reduce the inherent suffering in life is through self improvement, meaningfulness and being a better version of yourself and taking responsibility.

What the strawberry float am I reading

Stugene
Member ♥
Joined in 2011
AKA: Handsome Man Stugene

by Stugene » Sun May 22, 2022 12:43 pm

Barnsy! wrote:I guess [based on the previous pages] you guys don't like Jordan Peterson than :D

Stop posting.

Taint
site23
Joined in 2021

by site23 » Sun May 22, 2022 12:46 pm

SEP
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

by SEP » Sun May 22, 2022 12:50 pm

Get the strawberry float off this forum.

Stugene
Member ♥
Joined in 2011

by Stugene » Sun May 22, 2022 1:19 pm

tidy your strawberry floating room

Taint
Stugene
Member ♥
Joined in 2011

by Stugene » Sun May 22, 2022 1:32 pm

Taint
Qikz
#420BlazeIt ♥
Joined in 2011

by Qikz » Sun May 22, 2022 1:37 pm

RetroCora wrote:He is not willfully misunderstood, he's a charlatan and people are starting to cotton on to that. His academic credentials don't stand up either - even his own faculty members at the University of Toronto can't stand him(one called him "the professor of piffle" a couple of years ago). I'm glad he's helped your mental health a little, but please do a bit of further research into who he is, what his opinions are and how dangerous he has the potential to be as a cultural "intellectual."

Couldn't reply any better than this.

The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Qikz...
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

by Moggy » Sun May 22, 2022 4:02 pm

Barnsy! wrote:I don't really understand the hate.

I'm sure you could think of a reason.

Barnsy! wrote:To be fair there are two Jordan Petersons, there's the political one that 'owns the feminists'

Oh yeah, you did think of a reason.

Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

by Moggy » Sun May 22, 2022 4:10 pm

To be more helpful, Peterson is full of gooseberry fool.

Behind the Bastards did a fantastic 2 part podcast on him. It's a couple of years old, so doesn't have his latest bollocks, but does a good job of skewering the grifting transphobic prick.

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/p ... 0495395833

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/p ... 0495640807

It's also on Spotify and other podcast apps if you search for it.

Knoyleo
Joined in 2008

by Knoyleo » Sun May 22, 2022 4:19 pm

He tweeted a photo of a woman from a magazine cover and said the only reason people would find her attractive is because they've bought into the woke agenda. He's a bully and a banana split.

pjbetman wrote:That's the stupidest thing ive ever read on here i think.
RetroCora
Joined in 2022

by RetroCora » Sun May 22, 2022 9:15 pm

Qikz wrote:
RetroCora wrote:He is not willfully misunderstood, he's a charlatan and people are starting to cotton on to that. His academic credentials don't stand up either - even his own faculty members at the University of Toronto can't stand him(one called him "the professor of piffle" a couple of years ago). I'm glad he's helped your mental health a little, but please do a bit of further research into who he is, what his opinions are and how dangerous he has the potential to be as a cultural "intellectual."

Couldn't reply any better than this.

Thx bbz.

One thing I'd add is that I am also a "depressed and anxious" and deeply insecure person, something that's in the process of costing me my marriage and many other things that I care immensely about. Peterson is dangerous *because* he attracts people like us - the message is targeted at people who are susceptible to it. He's not just a charlatan, he's predatory in the way that he dresses up misogyny and hate in pseudoscientific, "intellectual" language. Barnsy said himself that there are two sides to him, including one that "owns the feminists," but surely this recognition that someone has the capacity to spread hatred in such a manner a) precludes them from being a "nice guy," deep down inside, and b) openly reveals the essential duality and nastiness of the con that's being pulled?

Skarjo
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Skarjo » Mon May 23, 2022 3:24 am

I'm glad you've taken something positive from him and he's helped with your mental health but he's not a positive figure.

He's the classic piffle-pundit that strings together enough non-sequiturs with flowery language that anyone not following his meandering arguments get fooled into thinking he's making a valid point. He basically managed to make a career out of managing to make a 45 minute YouTube video that says nothing more than 'tidy your room (and the only reason you let it get messy is because of the feminists)' but because he talks like the Architect at the end of Matrix 2 the easily beguiled think he's making a point.

He's not perceptive, whenever he sits across from anyone who knows what they're talking about and engages in good faith he crumbles.

Karl wrote:Can't believe I got baited into expressing a political stance on hentai

Skarjo's Scary Stories...
BID0
Joined in 2008

by BID0 » Mon May 23, 2022 8:54 am

Isn't he the one who got shown up recently in a debate about the environment? I saw a few minutes of it and he had clearly stumbled in to the wrong room :lol:

Return to “Stuff”