Gig & Festival Thread

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: Gig & Festival - RockerShaun in Elton John Leicester SCANDAL! Page 178 for details!
by Moggy » Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:34 am

It took strawberry floating ages (I detest ticketmaster :x ), but I managed to get Taylor Hawkins tribute concert tickets.

I'm so excited! :toot:

Tomous
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Gig & Festival - RockerShaun in Elton John Leicester SCANDAL! Page 178 for details!
by Tomous » Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:37 am

Moggy wrote:It took strawberry floating ages (I detest ticketmaster :x ), but I managed to get Taylor Hawkins tribute concert tickets.

How'd you get presale tickets?

Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

by Moggy » Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:40 am

Tomous wrote:
Moggy wrote:It took strawberry floating ages (I detest ticketmaster :x ), but I managed to get Taylor Hawkins tribute concert tickets.

I'm a very very important person.

Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

by Moggy » Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:41 am

I was booked to see Foo Fighters in July. Anybody that had those tickets cancelled was sent a code for the presale.

Tomous
Joined in 2010

by Tomous » Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:41 am

Moggy wrote:
Tomous wrote:

I'm a very very important person.

Tomous
Joined in 2010

by Tomous » Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:42 am

oh...that works less now you've replied properly.

Makes sense though

Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

by Moggy » Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:49 am

Tomous wrote:oh...that works less now you've replied properly.

Makes sense though

An LoTR gif is always welcome!

Pell
Joined in 2008

by Pell » Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:33 pm

Elton John was amazing last night at Anfield :toot: . Could get used to sitting in the Kop and belting out YNWA for encores at every gig…

Tomous
Joined in 2010

by Tomous » Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:35 pm

Would have loved to have seen Elton this tour, what a performer.

kazanova_Frankenstein
Joined in 2008

by kazanova_Frankenstein » Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:48 pm

Moggy wrote:
kazanova_Frankenstein wrote:Of course rain is now forecast for IOW. Possibly with some thunder and lightning.

They also forecast a heatwave. So you'll either drown, burn or boil. ;)

It’s been all 3 so far.

Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

by Moggy » Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:20 am

kazanova_Frankenstein wrote:
Moggy wrote:
kazanova_Frankenstein wrote:Of course rain is now forecast for IOW. Possibly with some thunder and lightning.

It’s been all 3 so far.

British weather :lol:

Hope you enjoyed IoW. Some friends of mine were there and loved it, even if the weather was unpredictable!

kazanova_Frankenstein
Joined in 2008

by kazanova_Frankenstein » Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:40 pm

Moggy wrote:
kazanova_Frankenstein wrote:
Moggy wrote:

It’s been all 3 so far.

British weather :lol:

Hope you enjoyed IoW. Some friends of mine were there and loved it, even if the weather was unpredictable!

Thanks - it was great!

No:1 Final Fantasy Fan
Joined in 2008

by No:1 Final Fantasy Fan » Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:06 am

Saw Diana Ross in Liverpool on Saturday. I'm a big Motown fan so definitely had to see this. She was great, still got a great voice. Unfortunately she never did an encore and left ten mins early...apparently due to a security issue with people on the front row...shame when others ruin it for others. I guess Liverpool lived up to its stereotypical reputation lol.

My next concert is in August to see Christina Aguilera! Never seen her before but very much looking forward to it as she has such powerful vocals.

Ironhide
Fiend
Joined in 2008

by Ironhide » Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:15 pm

St Vincent, Bonobo and Khraungbin are the only acts at this years Glastonbury I'm bothered about watching (online and TV) and the first two are on at exactly the same time.

Might also watch Robert Plant & Alison Krauss and Skunk Anansie if I can be bothered.

RetroCora
Joined in 2022

by RetroCora » Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:18 pm

I saw Khruangbin last week and they were a bit rubbish, sadly. Would love to see St. Vincent though, and Skunk Anansie.

No:1 Final Fantasy Fan
Joined in 2008

by No:1 Final Fantasy Fan » Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:25 pm

Really don't understand the craze around Queen and Adam Lambert. I've had people raving about their concert.
But isn't Adam Lambert an American Idol runner up with only an okay voice? And the Queen band??? They are musicians and don't sing so why do people want to see them? Plenty of people can play a guitar well...who cares if it's the original guitarist.

I can only assume people like the gig to hear the music and see the special effects regardless of who's playing the music.

Tomous
Joined in 2010

by Tomous » Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:33 pm

Wow :lol:

Brian May, glorified session musician, who would want to see him playing guitar?!

Zilnad
Joined in 2019

by Zilnad » Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:12 pm

Finally seeing Rammstein this weekend, felt like I bought the tickets a lifetime ago. It's my second time seeing them.

Cumberdanes
Joined in 2011

by Cumberdanes » Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:34 pm

No:1 Final Fantasy Fan wrote:Really don't understand the craze around Queen and Adam Lambert. I've had people raving about their concert.
But isn't Adam Lambert an American Idol runner up with only an okay voice? And the Queen band??? They are musicians and don't sing so why do people want to see them? Plenty of people can play a guitar well...who cares if it's the original guitarist.

I can only assume people like the gig to hear the music and see the special effects regardless of who's playing the music.

:shock: What a strange take. A band that wrote a heck of lot of the songs. Making them out to be little more than Freddie Mercury's (or Paul Rodgers' or Adam Lambert's) backing band is frankly pretty insulting.

Tomous
Joined in 2010

by Tomous » Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:46 pm

Cumberdanes wrote: :shock: What a strange take.

First time reading a No1FFF post?

Return to “Stuff”