The Official Formula One and General Motorsport for the 2022 season! Has the 2nd era of Red Bull begun?

Fed up talking videogames? Why?

WDC and WCC winners!

Sir Lewis Hamilton
20%
George Russell
5%
Max Verstappen
11%
Sergio Perez
2%
Charles Leclerc
5%
Carlos Sainz
No votes
Lando Norris
8%
Daniel Ricciardo
No votes
Fernando Alonso
3%
Esteban Ocon
No votes
Pierre Gasly
No votes
Yuki Tsunoda
No votes
Sebastian Vettel
2%
Lance Stroll
No votes
Nicolas Latifi
No votes
Alexander Albon
No votes
Valtteri Bottas
No votes
Zhou Guanyu
No votes
Mick Schumacher
No votes
Kevin Magnussen
No votes
Mercedes
20%
Red Bull Racing
11%
Ferrari
3%
McLaren
6%
Alpine
5%
Alpha Tauri
No votes
Aston Martin Aramco Cognizant Racing
No votes
Williams
2%
Alfa Romeo
No votes
Haas
No votes

Total votes: 65
Cheeky Devlin
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Official Formula One and General Motorsport for the 2022 season! Has the 2nd era of Red Bull begun?
by Cheeky Devlin » Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:11 pm

Imrahil wrote:Plus all the crap Jos Verstappen comes out with (Kelly Piquet is Max's partner).

I guess that explains why Red Bull have said they're not making a statement.

Rawrgna
Joined in 2019

PostRe: The Official Formula One and General Motorsport for the 2022 season! Has the 2nd era of Red Bull begun?
by Rawrgna » Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:04 pm

yeah redbull trying to distance themselves from two racist remark scandals :shifty:

Cuttooth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Cuttooth » Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:19 pm

Verstappen stans online suddenly tying themselves in the same knots over cultural differences and uses of certain words as Liverpool fans did back in the day.

Tomous
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

by Tomous » Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:03 pm

Cuttooth wrote:Verstappen stans online suddenly tying themselves in the same knots over cultural differences and uses of certain words as Liverpool fans did back in the day.

Time to print some t-shirts

Robbo-92
Joined in 2018
AKA: Robbo-92

by Robbo-92 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:58 pm

Well they’ve only got the one scandal on the go now, Juri Vips has been let go.

Vermilion
Gnome Thief
Joined in 2018

by Vermilion » Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:03 pm

I'm beginning to think my purchase of a Max cap was pretty bad timing. :lol:

:dread:

Robbo-92
Joined in 2018

by Robbo-92 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:07 pm

They’ll have a huge sale on them asap to clear them out :lol: Red Bull will soon be team Perez :datass:

Vermilion
Gnome Thief
Joined in 2018

by Vermilion » Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:10 pm

Mind you, i buy Red Bull caps as my secondaries (my main cap is my Kimoa) as theirs are the best designs.

The Mercedes caps are so dull, i had hoped there'd be a decent looking George Russell one but alas, there were none to be found.

Neo Cortex
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jamiej

by Neo Cortex » Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:49 pm

Dull? I love my Miami gp one

Vermilion
Gnome Thief
Joined in 2018

by Vermilion » Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:06 am

Neo Cortex wrote:Dull? I love my Miami gp one

I was referring to the standard designs rather than the special editions.

Memento Mori
Joined in 2008
AKA: Emperor Mori

by Memento Mori » Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:28 am

Rawrgna wrote:yeah redbull trying to distance themselves from two racist remark scandals :shifty:

Give Marko a microphone and they can rack up some more.

Cheeky Devlin
Joined in 2008

by Cheeky Devlin » Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:36 am

Memento Mori wrote:
Rawrgna wrote:yeah redbull trying to distance themselves from two racist remark scandals :shifty:

Give Marko a microphone and they can rack up some more.

That guy always looks like he'd be far more comfortable in an SS uniform, marching into Poland.

floydfreak
Joined in 2008

by floydfreak » Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:41 pm

Memento Mori
Joined in 2008
AKA: Emperor Mori

by Memento Mori » Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:31 pm

Oh what a shame.

twitter.com/andrewbensonf1/status/1542126172582068224

Robbo-92
Joined in 2018

by Robbo-92 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:46 pm

Really surprised that Vips is still being employed by his team in F2, even though Red Bull have dropped him.

Tomous
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

by Tomous » Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:59 am

What's Bernie doing say he'd take a bullet for Putin?! strawberry floating hell :slol: :fp:

rinks
Joined in 2008

by rinks » Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:42 am

I’m not in any way surprised though. Ecclestone is just like Putin’s other oligarch cronies.

captain red dog
Joined in 2008

by captain red dog » Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:08 pm

Bernie is a disgusting human being, everything he did in F1 was corrupt to the core. It comes as no surprise to me when Bernie was proudly declaring himself a great fan of Nazi architecture a few years ago.

KK
Joined in 2008

by KK » Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:51 pm

For those that missed it, this was what Bernie Ecclestoner said on Good Morning Britain this morning, and Times Radio last month:

Unfortunately he's [Putin] like a lot of business people, certainly like me, that we make mistakes from time to time and when you make the mistake, you have to do the best you can to get out of it.

I would still take a bullet for him. I’d rather it didn’t hurt but I would still take a bullet...he’s a first class person, and what he’s doing is something that he believed was the right thing.

The other person in Ukraine, his profession I understand, used to be a comedian - and I think it seems that he wants to continue that profession.

I think if he'd thought about things, he would definitely have made a big enough effort to speak to Putin, who is a sensible person, and would have listened to him and could have probably done something about it.

I'm quite sure Ukraine, if they'd wanted to get out of it properly, could have done

I'm absolutely sure he now wishes he hadn't started this whole business - but it didn't start as a war.

When it was pointed out that Russia's invasion of Ukraine had claimed the lives of thousands of innocent people, Mr Ecclestone simply replied: "It wasn't intentional".

In regards to dropping the Russian Grand Prix:

"I'm not in the position now to have done anything about that,

"I'm not sure I would have stopped that, and I certainly now wouldn't, and I think it's wrong, to stop Russian athletes, including obviously drivers, in taking part in their sport.

"They didn't get involved in this in the first place. They shouldn't be punished."

The former Formula 1 boss has previously defended the Russian president, telling Times Radio last month that he found Mr Putin “very straightforward and honourable.”

“He’s a good guy,” he said. “He’s never done anything that isn’t doing good things for people. I would like him running Europe. We haven’t got anybody, so it couldn’t be any worse.”

He added: “I am not a supporter of democracry. You need a dictator. As a dictator, you say, ‘This is what I’m going to do’. In a democracy, it gets watered down.”

rinks
Joined in 2008

by rinks » Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:25 pm

Yeah, go and live in Russia then.

Return to “Stuff”