GRCade London Meet up! 15 attended! Could Skarjo take oestrogen then fight Serena Williams to the death?

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
speedboatchase
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GRCade London Meetup! Sat 2nd July 2022 - New, final meeting point inside!
by speedboatchase » Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:33 pm

Jaysus, we’re handsome.

Keep that gooseberry fool on the cob - please!

Zilnad
Joined in 2019

PostRe: GRCade London Meetup! Sat 2nd July 2022 - New, final meeting point inside!
by Zilnad » Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:43 pm

Tomous wrote:
Robbo-92 wrote:If another one is organised and I can get the time off work it’d be good to meet some of you! Reckon next one should be further north :shifty:

Birmingham? :shifty:

Birmingham would be pretty perfect for me. Only a half hour drive away.

Tsunade
Joined in 2018

PostRe: GRCade London Meet up! 15 attended! Could Skarjo take oestrogen then fight Serena Williams to the death?
by Tsunade » Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:48 pm

:wub:

Ludo is gooseberry fool!
Tsunade
Joined in 2018

by Tsunade » Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:50 pm

speedboatchase wrote:Jaysus, we’re handsome.

Keep that gooseberry fool on the cob - please!

What about those not pictured? Are they on the cob too? :lol:

Ludo is gooseberry fool!
aayl1
Sir Aaron of GRcade
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GRCade London Meet up! 15 attended! Could Skarjo take oestrogen then fight Serena Williams to the death?
by aayl1 » Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:50 pm

What a lovely time! 15 of us showed up and camped out in a pub all day. Had a great time, enjoyed the chill vibe conducive to some awesome conversations.

I tried to get facetime in with everyone, but if you didn't get too much of me I apologise! Thanks so so much to everyone for coming, it was lovely to put even more faces to names, as well as seeing familiar faces again! I feel like it was my personal send off to Chicago!

aayl1
Sir Aaron of GRcade
Joined in 2008

by aayl1 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:01 am

Oh and how could I forget - huge thanks to Barnsy (I think it was barnsy! Sorry if I'm wrong!) who donated four Switch games as prizes for the excellent quiz which Dan ran - thanks for the quiz, too, Dan!

Choclet-Milk
Joined in 2015

by Choclet-Milk » Sun Jul 03, 2022 1:05 am

Drumstick wrote:Serious Private Pyle vibes from far right

Bit harsh! :slol:

we have to lose that sax solo
Mockmaster
Joined in 2008

by Mockmaster » Sun Jul 03, 2022 1:36 am

This is great to see!

Herdanos
Go for it, Danmon!
Joined in 2008
AKA: lol don't ask

by Herdanos » Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:56 am

It was indeed Barnsy who contributed the prizes. What a top bloke. Cheers all for participating in t'quiz.

As was befitting a games related meetup it was only right we encountered an evil boss. I'm sure Mediterranean Danny Dyer didn't mind us taking over his bar for the day.

Food was bang average, company was outstanding :wub:

It was a really great day. Thank you to everyone who joined and thank you to Aaron for getting it organised, you star. Currently enjoying a coffee and awaiting a breakfast.

Hope you all have a great remainder of the weekend - much wub :wub:

Generating Real Conversations About Digital Entertainment
Balladeer
Joined in 2018

by Balladeer » Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:31 am

Herdanos wrote:As was befitting a games related meetup it was only right we encountered an evil boss. I'm sure Mediterranean Danny Dyer didn't mind us taking over his bar for the day.

:shock: Was this after I left? What happened?

Somewhat recovered now. Thanks immensely to Aaron for setting everything up, I had a great time! Thanks too to Dan for setting up the quiz, and to Barnsy and Skarjo for allowing me to claw my way to an undeserved second place alongside them. (Curious if anybody else got the cricket question. :msgreen: ) I shall try to put BioShock Infinite to good use!

Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

by Drumstick » Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:53 am

Balladeer wrote:
Herdanos wrote:As was befitting a games related meetup it was only right we encountered an evil boss. I'm sure Mediterranean Danny Dyer didn't mind us taking over his bar for the day.

Somewhat recovered now. Thanks immensely to Aaron for setting everything up, I had a great time! Thanks too to Dan for setting up the quiz, and to Barnsy and Skarjo for allowing me to claw my way to an undeserved second place alongside them. (Curious if anybody else got the cricket question. :msgreen: ) I shall try to put BioShock Infinite to good use!

What was the cricket Q? I'd like to try.

Check out my YouTube channel!
One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image Image
Balladeer
Joined in 2018

by Balladeer » Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:42 am

I should think you'd get it Drummy: who's the current captain of England Women?

RetroCora
Joined in 2022

by RetroCora » Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:46 am

I wouldn't mind taking a crack at the quiz to see how I'd have done - are the questions written down anywhere?

Herdanos
Go for it, Danmon!
Joined in 2008
AKA: lol don't ask

by Herdanos » Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:03 pm

I can send them to you if you like?

Alternatively, if anyone wants to form a team, you can have a go as a collective. No prizes up for grabs now though!

Generating Real Conversations About Digital Entertainment
Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

by Drumstick » Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:23 pm

Balladeer wrote:I should think you'd get it Drummy: who's the current captain of England Women?

:lol:

Edit: REDACTED

Send me the quiz please

Last edited by Drumstick on Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my YouTube channel!
One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image Image
RetroCora
Joined in 2022

by RetroCora » Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:25 pm

Herdanos wrote:I can send them to you if you like?

Alternatively, if anyone wants to form a team, you can have a go as a collective. No prizes up for grabs now though!

Yeah, PM me!

Qikz
#420BlazeIt ♥
Joined in 2011

by Qikz » Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:28 pm

Herdanos wrote:I can send them to you if you like?

PM me too, I'd like to have a go at it.

The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Qikz...
Clarkman
Joined in 2008

by Clarkman » Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:34 pm

Really great to meet everyone. Huge thanks to Aaron for organising, Dan for the quiz and Barnsy for the very generous prizes. Would love to do it again.

RetroCora
Joined in 2022

by RetroCora » Sun Jul 03, 2022 1:21 pm

Drumstick wrote:
Balladeer wrote:I should think you'd get it Drummy: who's the current captain of England Women?

:lol:

Edit: REDACTED

Send me the quiz please

Alas, I saw the answer to this and marked myself down accordingly.

Submitted my answers, wonder where I'd have sat on the leaderboard!

DarkRula
Joined in 2018

by DarkRula » Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:30 pm

Balladeer wrote:

I can only imagine the barman get fed up of the noise after most of us left and chucked the remainder of the group out when said noise level didn't drop.

Return to “Stuff”