The Weather Mk. II

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: The Weather Mk. II
by Moggy » Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:48 pm

site23 wrote:I don't think it's like that at all. If you want to make a healthcare analogy, it's more like getting sick in the US. You start to feel ill but you aren't able to do anything about it because you're poor, and a small number of powerful people running your society have decided that accumulating unfathomable riches is worth more than your life. You've got no choice but to wait until you're coughing up blood and the emergency room will take you, but by then it's probably too late and even if you do pull through you're going to be made to pay a crushing price no-one can afford - all while oestensibly liberal people blame you and tut at you for being "irresponsible" and not "looking after yourself better" or "just going sooner".

If they are so poor then why do they have flat screen TVs, smartphones and foreign holidays? :x

Qikz
#420BlazeIt ♥
Joined in 2011

by Qikz » Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:50 pm

My flat hit 28c, I can't take it anymore time to use more electricity.

The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Qikz...
Oblomov Boblomov
Joined in 2008
AKA: Mind Crime, SSBM_God

by Oblomov Boblomov » Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:00 pm

Climate change is like doing a poo in the toilet but you can't flush it because the rich people took the water out the cistern to give their hair the wet look and they don't want to lose the wet look because they think it makes them look cool even though they could survive without it but the poo keeps building up because you can't help needing to poo and eventually it all spills out over the bowl and the rich people look at you with their wet look hair and blame it on trans people.

Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

by Moggy » Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:02 pm

Oblomov Boblomov wrote: a poo in the toilet but you can't flush it because trans people.

Robbo-92
Joined in 2018
AKA: Robbo-92

by Robbo-92 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:20 pm

Forecast still going up, 31c today and tomorrow, 32c on Saturday and Sunday :dread:

I’m really hoping this will be the last lot of proper heat this year but preparing myself for more in late August and September.

site23
Joined in 2021

by site23 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:26 pm

Oblomov Boblomov wrote:Climate change is like doing a poo in the toilet but you can't flush it because the rich people took the water out the cistern to give their hair the wet look and they don't want to lose the wet look because they think it makes them look cool even though they could survive without it but the poo keeps building up because you can't help needing to poo and eventually it all spills out over the bowl and the rich people look at you with their wet look hair and blame it on trans people.

Brilliant anal-ogy.

Oblomov Boblomov
Joined in 2008
AKA: Mind Crime, SSBM_God

by Oblomov Boblomov » Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:30 pm

site23 wrote:
Oblomov Boblomov wrote:Climate change is like doing a poo in the toilet but you can't flush it because the rich people took the water out the cistern to give their hair the wet look and they don't want to lose the wet look because they think it makes them look cool even though they could survive without it but the poo keeps building up because you can't help needing to poo and eventually it all spills out over the bowl and the rich people look at you with their wet look hair and blame it on trans people.

Brilliant anal-ogy.

I was aiming for more of an ana-log-y.

Jenuall
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall

by Jenuall » Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:48 pm

:lol:

Ironhide
Fiend
Joined in 2008

by Ironhide » Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:13 pm

That's quite the analogy there Ob Bob.

floydfreak
Joined in 2008

by floydfreak » Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:15 pm

Robbo-92 wrote:Forecast still going up, 31c today and tomorrow, 32c on Saturday and Sunday :dread:

I’m really hoping this will be the last lot of proper heat this year but preparing myself for more in late August and September.

i can't wait for the hot air to go and we get some fresh air and temp to be around 15- 18c with a cool breeze and rain

Going to work i get covered in sweat, work my shift sweat all day then go home sweat again, house is warm sweat again even after having a shower or a bath. Then repeat the next day etc been like that the last month. :dread:

Robbo-92
Joined in 2018
AKA: Robbo-92

by Robbo-92 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:26 pm

floydfreak wrote:
Robbo-92 wrote:Forecast still going up, 31c today and tomorrow, 32c on Saturday and Sunday :dread:

i can't wait for the hot air to go and we get some fresh air and temp to be around 15- 18c with a cool breeze and rain

Going to work i get covered in sweat, work my shift sweat all day then go home sweat again, house is warm sweat again even after having a shower or a bath. Then repeat the next day etc been like that the last month. :dread:

Yeah it’s been horrific, except a few days July was really hot, just constant hot days and warm nights. I reckon it must have easily beaten the average temperature for the month by a bit at least. So far August has been more of the same, looking at the long range forecast on the Met Office, it seems to imply the start of September will be above average too :fp:

On a plus point, we must be losing our status as a rainy country now? :lol: Not that its a good thing of course!

floydfreak
Joined in 2008

by floydfreak » Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:38 pm

I expect we have beaten the averages for this month already.
https://news.sky.com/story/drought-expe ... w-12670509

River Rhine in Germany is at record low
https://news.sky.com/story/europe-droug ... d-12669978

floydfreak
Joined in 2008

by floydfreak » Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:22 pm

twitter.com/UniofReading/status/1557350976725581824

Jenuall
Joined in 2008

by Jenuall » Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:48 pm

Climate change and the sheer extent to how much our environment is potentially strawberry floated beyond repair scares the gooseberry fool out of me, and I do genuinely feel for everyone suffering in the current conditions.

But at the same time I do really like the bright clear days we've been having and being able to spend so much more time outside

Imrahil
Joined in 2013

by Imrahil » Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:04 pm

Jenuall wrote:But at the same time I do really like the bright clear days we've been having and being able to spend so much more time outside

Jenuall
Joined in 2008

by Jenuall » Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:09 pm

I'm ready for the scorched Earth!

Qikz
#420BlazeIt ♥
Joined in 2011

by Qikz » Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:26 pm

:lol: :lol:

The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Qikz...
Vermilion
Gnome Thief
Joined in 2018

by Vermilion » Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:06 pm

Regarding the pic, in my area we did have some rain a few weeks back so it's not as parched as some areas, also, a lot of the fields around here are wheat crops which go yellow during august anyway.

rinks
Joined in 2008

by rinks » Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:20 pm

This was all meant to be over by Monday, with sub-20 temperatures. Now it’s creeping on, just like last month. Even Tuesday is now saying 27. I’m so livid, I just went on a rant (to an empty house) about disposable barbecues.

floydfreak
Joined in 2008

by floydfreak » Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:38 pm

https://news.sky.com/story/weather-this ... e-12670682

heat dome is what East Coast America had last year and they are in a record draught

Return to “Stuff”