Fed up talking videogames? Why?
RetroCora
Joined in 2022

PostRe: MCU Thread 2- Echo casting news p164
by RetroCora » Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:45 pm

Memento Mori wrote:
shy guy 64 wrote:
Memento Mori wrote:
shy guy 64 wrote:wait did someone say the high evolutionary was gonna be in guardians 3?

Did you watch Peacemaker? He's being played by the guy who played Murn in that.

i did not. also what's an x-men villain doing in deep space? he wasn't part of shi'ar was he?

I don't remember him interacting much with the shi'ar but High Evolutionary loves space, he's always out there. I'm guessing he's going to be Rocket's creator in the MCU given his love of animal experimentation.

Oh that's a great shout.

Psychic
Emeritus
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: MCU Thread 2- Echo casting news p164
by Psychic » Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:43 pm

RetroCora wrote:
ITSMILNER wrote:Was hoping a Young Avengers was on the cards with the way they were introducing them all, maybe a D+ series for Phase 6?

I think it's becoming increasingly clear that they were chucking things at the wall and seeing what sticks. Which is a bit annoying, because a Young Avengers property would be great IMO.

I figured the reason they were doing two movies in the same year was because they'd be using two seperate teams. Kang banishes all the main heroes and revels in his victory, only to be foiled by the MCU version of the Young Avengers. Post-credits reveal the likes of Thor, Hulk and Cap are still missing, with a teaser for Secret Wars later that year.

Avengers movies are a big deal and they'd know running two back to back with the same cast might be a bit much.

Mafro
Joined in 2008
AKA: based

PostRe: MCU Thread 2
by Mafro » Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:00 pm

Oh god I hated All the Young Avengers stuff.

Fisher wrote:shyguy64 did you sell weed in animal crossing new horizons today.

Twitter
Cheeky Devlin
Joined in 2008

by Cheeky Devlin » Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:43 pm

Mafro wrote:Oh god I hated All the Young Avengers stuff.

This.

I'm not a fan of "Young" teams.
Especially where they often are just gooseberry fool versions of existing characters.

Individually I don't mind them, but give me a group of them and I lose a lot of interest.

I think it's one of the reasons I've never really loved X-Men as much as I perhaps would have. Too many annoying kids/teens with their dull, annoying kid/teen issues.

So yeah, I'm perfectly happy to never have a "Young Avengers" movie or show.

Godzilla
Joined in 2008

by Godzilla » Thu Jul 28, 2022 1:12 pm

Black Panther 2 - Wakanda Forever has already had it's big reveal (mystery) spoilt by the new Lego sets. IGN and others covering it so beware spoilers.

Wish my image sig would work
shy guy 64
Joined in 2018

by shy guy 64 » Thu Jul 28, 2022 3:38 pm

Godzilla wrote:Black Panther 2 - Wakanda Forever has already had it's big reveal (mystery) spoilt by the new Lego sets. IGN and others covering it so beware spoilers.

great now im gonna have to fight the urge to look it up

Join me on Sam Radio, Tuesdays at 4pm and Wednesdays at 3pm https://samradio.org/listen-now/
Alvin Flummux
Joined in 2008

by Alvin Flummux » Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:11 pm

Godzilla wrote:Black Panther 2 - Wakanda Forever has already had it's big reveal (mystery) spoilt by the new Lego sets. IGN and others covering it so beware spoilers.

Would that be the identity of the new Black Panther?

Godzilla
Joined in 2008

by Godzilla » Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:15 pm

Yep.

Surprised it's not Chris Pratt.

Wish my image sig would work
Memento Mori
Joined in 2008
AKA: Emperor Mori

by Memento Mori » Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:46 am

So She-Hulk is apparently coming out on Thursdays starting tomorrow for some reason instead of Wednesdays.

Thor:Love and Thunder probably isn't coming out on August 24th then given that's a week away and they haven't said anything. They've got a Disney+ day (?) on September 8th so maybe then.

speedboatchase
Joined in 2008

by speedboatchase » Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:02 pm

Godzilla wrote:Yep.

Surprised it's not Chris Pratt.

Finally, much-needed representation for fans who think taking Covid vaccines might make people grow extra limbs.

Rax
Joined in 2008
AKA: Raxicori

by Rax » Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:17 pm

Im still of the opinion that just how the movie will open and that is just who is Black Panther in the opening act, I fully expect there to be some aggro about who is the true Black Panther later in the movie and possibly not resolved until after the big bad is dealt with.

Qikz
#420BlazeIt ♥
Joined in 2011

by Qikz » Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:40 pm

She Hulk was great, can't wait for more.

The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Qikz...
Memento Mori
Joined in 2008

by Memento Mori » Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:48 pm

First episode was fine. Think they would have benefited from having both of the first two episodes up at once. As it was that was just 30 minutes of origin story.

Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

by Moggy » Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:50 pm

It was ok. Some really poor looking effects though.

But it appears I have a thing for big green women. :datass:

shy guy 64
Joined in 2018

by shy guy 64 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:30 pm

first episode was enjoyable and i'm curious to see how things go over the next 8 episodes.

Join me on Sam Radio, Tuesdays at 4pm and Wednesdays at 3pm https://samradio.org/listen-now/
mcjihge2
Joined in 2008

by mcjihge2 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:55 pm

Pasted from the last series you watch thread, because i think it deserves to be here too.

Agents of Shield S2. 9/10

Really good, lots of threads going on at once and coming together really quite well thought out. High pace. Big ensemble cast. When rating marvel series - this one really is right up there better than Hawkeye, Loki, Wanda, JJ S1, very close to Daredevil S1/S3. Why didnt i watch this sooner/isnt alot bigger profile than it should be?

Onto S3.

I watched Wandavision late, but in "one go" back to back, and i really think that improved my enjoyment of it becasue i didnt have to wait a week for the next episode - and the series really flowed well because of it. I think Loki and hawkeye etc suffered from the week to week wait and in my head lost the connection between episodes. So im going to wait until She Hulk is finished before i start watching it, and in the meantime continue with agents of shield.

Xbox Live: GCE
BID0
Joined in 2008

by BID0 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:34 pm

mcjihge2 wrote:Pasted from the last series you watch thread, because i think it deserves to be here too.

Agents of Shield S2. 9/10

Really good, lots of threads going on at once and coming together really quite well thought out. High pace. Big ensemble cast. When rating marvel series - this one really is right up there better than Hawkeye, Loki, Wanda, JJ S1, very close to Daredevil S1/S3. Why didnt i watch this sooner/isnt alot bigger profile than it should be?

Onto S3.

I watched Wandavision late, but in "one go" back to back, and i really think that improved my enjoyment of it becasue i didnt have to wait a week for the next episode - and the series really flowed well because of it. I think Loki and hawkeye etc suffered from the week to week wait and in my head lost the connection between episodes. So im going to wait until She Hulk is finished before i start watching it, and in the meantime continue with agents of shield.

You’re in for a treat. I’m jealous that you get to watch it for the first time! Shield :wub:

Rubix
Joined in 2008

by Rubix » Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:13 pm

Qikz wrote:She Hulk was great, can't wait for more.

Personally I thought it was shocking! Not for me at all. Never liked half hulk over hulk smash anyway and having her coming in with that weak origin story and than just instantly learning everything he hulk has learnt over years just no.

PLAY | Persona 3 Reloaded [3h]
WATCH | Ted Lasso S3, HiJack S1, The Apprentice S18
RACE | Chew Valley 10k (June), GNR (Sept), Cardiff Half (Oct)
Memento Mori
Joined in 2008

by Memento Mori » Mon Aug 22, 2022 1:26 pm

Memento Mori wrote:
Thor:Love and Thunder probably isn't coming out on August 24th then given that's a week away and they haven't said anything. They've got a Disney+ day (?) on September 8th so maybe then.

Confirmed. The bastards.

Tomous
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

by Tomous » Mon Aug 22, 2022 1:31 pm

I didn't hate She-Hulk but I'm not sure I like the 4th wall breaking and I'm not sure the lawyer bits are going to be my thing.

I did enjoy the Mexico sequence and interactions with Bruce but absolute lol at her instantly getting 10 years of the Hulk's development in her origin story, mighty convenient that :lol:

Definitely agree it needed a 2 episode opening. Ending was a bit random.

Return to “Stuff”