Fed up talking videogames? Why?
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: [Game thread] TRIBE VS TRIBE
by Preezy » Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:13 am

Preezy wrote:
Herdanos wrote:.

Hey Dan, just an FYI that I don't seem to be able to post in my tribe's thread. I can see it and read the posts and there's a reply button, but when I post my message it just doesn't seem to be appear in the thread :?

Never mind, seems to be working now. Time to re-write my epic post about how Cora is the Alpha.

Curls
Joined in 2008

by Curls » Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:14 am

When does this start?

Sprouty
Joined in 2008
AKA: SillySprout

by Sprouty » Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:16 am

Drumstick wrote:
Sprouty wrote:It could be as simple as every time a deadlock is declared, wolves gain a point. Guess work at this stage!

As a gamerunner that has discussed these games and their mechanics with Dan in great depth, I would imagine that wolves points are secretly deducted from their tribe's overall score or something. Nothing as easily as easy to manipulate like ensuring votes are tied.

Ah nice. In that case, your theories on how the wolves will operate could be really useful. What are your current assumptions on their setup?

The silly neighbourhood vegetable.
Tsunade
Joined in 2018

by Tsunade » Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:20 am

Drumstick wrote:Can someone check my logic here:

Interrogation of SuperChris Vote wrote:Pro-Village - site23, DML, Nun, Clarkman, Vermi, Cuttooth, SuperChris (7)
TRIBE YER EYES MATE - aayl1, Drumstick, Pedz, Mori, rocsteady, mic, Frank (7)
Red Tribe - DarkRula, Ironhide, Orange RKN, Jenuall, Hypes, Cora, albear (7)
Vigilantes - Tsunade, Sprouty, Roonmastor, Mommy, satriales, Qikz, Parksey (7)

We now know Chris doesn't belong to TRIBE YER EYES MATE. It also doesn't make sense that he'd Pro-Village.

This means it's either Red Tribe or Vigilantes, meaning we have a 50% chance of correctly guessing which tribe he belongs to today. Right?

So why don't we vote for Chris again?

Can I just ask, why doesn't it make sense for him to be in Pro-Village? We know he's not in TRIBE YER EYES MATE but I thought that's all we know?
Unless you're in Pro-Village and know he's not one of your members? Or is it just a hunch? Or have I missed something?

Ludo is gooseberry fool!
Jenuall
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall

by Jenuall » Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:21 am

Tsunade wrote:

Interrogation of SuperChris Vote wrote:Pro-Village - site23, DML, Nun, Clarkman, Vermi, Cuttooth, SuperChris (7)

We now know Chris doesn't belong to TRIBE YER EYES MATE. It also doesn't make sense that he'd Pro-Village.

This means it's either Red Tribe or Vigilantes, meaning we have a 50% chance of correctly guessing which tribe he belongs to today. Right?

Can I just ask, why doesn't it make sense for him to be in Pro-Village? We know he's not in TRIBE YER EYES MATE but I thought that's all we know?
Unless you're in Pro-Village and know he's not one of your members? Or is it just a hunch? Or have I missed something?

I'm guessing Drummy is saying that because SuperChris voted for Pro-Village himself?

Curls
Joined in 2008

by Curls » Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:24 am

Crap, I missed it didn't I.

Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

by Preezy » Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:25 am

Can confirm SuperChris isn't in Pro-Village (AKA Sexy Village, which only just lost in a naming vote) with me and Oblomov.

Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

by Drumstick » Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:26 am

Tsunade wrote:

I'm saying that because it doesn't make sense for him to vote for his own tribe and potentially give other tribes points.

Check out my YouTube channel!
One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image Image
Memento Mori
Joined in 2008
AKA: Emperor Mori

by Memento Mori » Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:26 am

He could be Pro-Village but I agree it doesn't make sense voting for that before we check the other two.

Tsunade
Joined in 2018

by Tsunade » Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:27 am

Thanks for clarifying, I'd missed that he'd voted for Pro-Village.

Ludo is gooseberry fool!
Clarkman
Joined in 2008

by Clarkman » Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:36 am

No clue what tribe Parksey is part of and don't really care about vote extension. He very obviously was in a different time zone and just rushing to get a vote in.

I do however have a suspicion of what tribe Mommy is in... :shifty: Potential free points to those that follow me.

Vote to Interrogate wrote:Parksey (1) - Sprouty
Mommy (1) - Clarkman

Mommy Christmas
Multiball!
Joined in 2009

by Mommy Christmas » Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:40 am

Clarkman wrote:No clue what tribe Parksey is part of and don't really care about vote extension. He very obviously was in a different time zone and just rushing to get a vote in.

I do however have a suspicion of what tribe Mommy is in... :shifty: Potential free points to those that follow me.

Mommy (2) - Clarkman, Mommy

Count me in.

:dread:
Sprouty
Joined in 2008

by Sprouty » Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:41 am

Memento Mori wrote:

He could be Pro-Village but I agree it doesn't make sense voting for that before we check the other two.

Only Pro Village can be sure whether he is Pro Village and could probably make a decent number of points if he is not.

With a minute to go, he took it the vote from a two way tie to a three way tie, rather than simply taking the option to settle the vote. That is a clear indicator of a tactical play. He didn't chose to save himself, he set out to confuse.

Another way of looking at it is that he gave himself the power to remove a vote from Pro Village in the next round of the vote. As it played out, another player pulling a vote from Pro Village was the move that secured him.

I'm not saying that it was a bluff, but it certainly could have been.

Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

by Drumstick » Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:46 am

Clarkman wrote:No clue what tribe Parksey is part of and don't really care about vote extension. He very obviously was in a different time zone and just rushing to get a vote in.

Mommy (1) - Clarkman

Free points?

Check out my YouTube channel!
One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image Image
RetroCora
Joined in 2022

by RetroCora » Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:50 am

Drumstick wrote:
RetroCora wrote:Can we please talk about how Tribe Yer Eyes Mate is clearly a name of Aaron's making and he *definitely* voted for his own tribe yesterday as a way to throw us off the scent?

How sure are you about this?

Obviously this is all completely baseless but “Tribe Yer Eyes Mate” just screams Aaron’s doing and I have a strong hunch he’s trying to get some early game playing done.

mic
Joined in 2008

by mic » Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:50 am

Preezy wrote:Can confirm SuperChris isn't in Pro-Village (AKA Sexy Village, which only just lost in a naming vote) with me and Oblomov.

Is everyone just going to ignore this?

satriales
Joined in 2008

by satriales » Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:54 am

RetroCora wrote:
Drumstick wrote:
RetroCora wrote:Can we please talk about how Tribe Yer Eyes Mate is clearly a name of Aaron's making and he *definitely* voted for his own tribe yesterday as a way to throw us off the scent?

How sure are you about this?

Obviously this is all completely baseless but “Tribe Yer Eyes Mate” just screams Aaron’s doing and I have a strong hunch he’s trying to get some early game playing done.

I'll go along with this as it seems like more of a lead than anything else we have at the moment. Only concern would be if the tribe name "screams Aaron's doing" could it be done on purpose to make you think he's in that tribe?

Sprouty
Joined in 2008

by Sprouty » Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:56 am

mic wrote:
Preezy wrote:Can confirm SuperChris isn't in Pro-Village (AKA Sexy Village, which only just lost in a naming vote) with me and Oblomov.

Is everyone just going to ignore this?

Pretty much, it just can't be an genuine comment, right? :slol:

Memento Mori
Joined in 2008
AKA: Emperor Mori

by Memento Mori » Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:59 am

Mommy (1) - Clarkman

Is this related to the deleted messages he sent to the GRCade WhatsApp group last night? I missed them.

Mommy Christmas
Multiball!
Joined in 2009

by Mommy Christmas » Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:00 am

Memento Mori wrote:

Mommy (1) - Clarkman

Is this related to the deleted messages he sent to the GRCade WhatsApp group last night? I missed them.

One message sent by accident on an unrelated matter. Nothing to see here.

:dread:

Return to “Stuff”