Opinions on Sia's new video

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
zXe
Joined in 2008

PostOpinions on Sia's new video
by zXe » Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:34 pm

So the artist/singer/songwriter Sia has released a new video for her track Elastic Heart feat. Shia LaBeouf & Maddie Ziegler and it has been striking up some controversy in the media. Some think it's too sexually suggestive and some child abuse victims saying it's a trigger. Bare in mind this Maddie Ziegler girl is 12.

What does GRcade think?

I must admit the first time I saw the video there were parts that made me slightly uncomfortable, but I don't think it's really anything bad. I thought some of their facial expressions they do were some of the most creepy things about it tbh. The dancing choreography is pretty experimental/artistic, but I don't think anything sexual is actually trying to be suggested.

Hypes
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Opinions on Sia's new video
by Hypes » Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:02 pm

Nothing wrong with it. It's weird but that's all.

Paedoggedon etc.

<]:^D
Joined in 2008

by <]:^D » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:10 pm

absolutely nothing wrong with it.

the sad thing is i was watching it going 'ah there's a bit that the paedo-hunters will highlight' :x

blackoutHERO
Joined in 2008

by blackoutHERO » Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:41 am

Seems far more like a big brother relationship than anything. I think Sia is brilliant and that girls dancing in the Chandelier video was the first time I'd ever been impressed by dancing.

Green Gecko
Treasurer
Joined in 2008

by Green Gecko » Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:27 pm

Young human wears skin colours and does non-waltz dance and has female anatomy = paedogeddon.

"It should be common sense to just accept the message Nintendo are sending out through their actions."

❤ btw GRcade costs money and depends on donations - please support one of the UK's oldest video gaming forums → HOW TO DONATE

Return to “Stuff”