Our best bits.
Zellery
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Wrestling Thread: WWE Elimination Chamber
by Zellery » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:48 pm

Skippy wrote:
Zellery wrote:
Skippy wrote:
Zellery wrote:How did Batista even get a shot? And how did McMahon validate his decision to allow it to happen? :?

1) Vince gave him the title shot as payment for helping him against Bret and Cena (as I predicted 8-) )
2) He's the chairman and he's evil, that's how :lol:

Isn't Batista also a Smackdown superstar? :fp:

Christ. People will actually complain about anything won't they? :lol:

Like I've said before, if you want continuity and a storyline that isn't full of holes don't watch wrestling.

I think you're confusing complaining with face palming.

I don't mind Batista being champ at all, I'd much prefer him than Cena.

Adam Pollard
Joined in 2008

by Adam Pollard » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:56 pm

:wub:

BIG DAVE is the strawberry floating man.

I hope the title switch doesn't deprive Smackdown of him though; he should be on both Raw and Smackdown every week until the end of time.

KK
Joined in 2008

by KK » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:11 pm

Epic amounts of violence coming up in TNA in the coming weeks building towards March 8th. Definitely worth watching if you're missing the gore...

PWinsider.com wrote:For those wondering how Shawn Michaels got under the ring at last night's Elimination Chamber Pay-per-view, the answer is ... the same way Hornswoggle always gets under the ring.

Seriously.

While viewers at home watched the replay of the earlier Raw Elimination Chamber, the lights were turned out in the arena, except for the Titantron, which showed the replay. In the darkness, several people came back and forth, to and from the ring. Michaels was hidden amongst them, and got under the apron in the darkness. This is the same way they have deposited Hornswoggle under the ring during Raw.

Amazing how he had to stay under the ring for 30 minutes. There is of course a monitor under there, but still...

Cuttooth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Cuttooth » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:29 pm

I was more interested in the Nood and Cosmo fantasy booking than anything else last night.

Rog
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

by Rog » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:39 pm

Remember the top score for this is 12 points thanks to WWE being thieving bastards. For future reference you can't do "but if's". For example if you predict Morrison to be eliminated first but if HBK enters then you want R-truth then you want him, that's void. You'll get no points for either.

WWE: Elimination Chamber
Balloon Sod - 9
Mockmaster - 9
Skippy - 9
ROTS - 8
Deadpool - 8
Bork - 8
AJ Styles - 8
Lucien - 8
BO Hero - 8
E-man - 8
Chocolate Jim - 8
Zellery - 8
Sykes - 7
GamingLegend - 7
Adam Pollard - 7
Irene Demova - 7
Trugamez - 7
Lonestar - 6
KKLEIN - 5
Dante - 5
Sw26 - 5
Jam-Master Jay - 5
Baron Zemo - 5
Prototype - 3
Ginga - 3
Hank Scorpio - 1

ROTS epic streak has come to end. He was only one point away from continuing. Guess I'll have to get him that triple prize now (any ideas anyone?). Right so with Mockmaster, Skippy and B-Sod all top the winner will have to be decided.....screw it, the winner is...

BATISTA

Or you three could all PM me the amount of screen time you reckon Batista will get on this weeks Smackdown. You must PM me your entries by midnight tomorrow.

GRAPL LEADERBOARD
Return of the star - 126
Fuking Zellery - 123
Mockmaster - 121
Deadpool - 118
Balloon Sod - 118
Hank Scorpio - 109
Born Skippy - 108
Chocolate Jim - 107
El Luchadore Trufaxes - 107
sw26 - 107
Sykes - 105
AJ STYLES - 104
E-man - 102
Lonestar - 100
KKLEIN - 99
Teh Bork - 98
Lucien - 97
BOhero - 93
Irene Demova - 93
Gaminglegend - 89
Adam Pollard - 79
Ginga - 75
Prototype - 65
Drumstick- 56
Baronzemo - 55
Dark Dragon 64 - 54
Cropolite - 51
Ironmaiden - 46
Jam-master Jay - 21
Phatman - 19
Vesp - 18
The Floex - 11
Dante - 5
Pell - 0

With only one round left ROTS has managed to maintain his lead on Zellery while Mockmaster has managed to close in on him. Deadpool has stalled and is out of form when he really needs to pull out a star performance at Wrestlemania if he wants a prize. B-Sod has crept up on DP and has some momentum and is looking more likely to be the challenger to steal 3rd. It's now almost certain that 3 of those 5 will be prize winners.

See you all for the GRAPL season 2 finale, Wrestlemania 26.

blackoutHERO
Joined in 2008

by blackoutHERO » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:58 pm

'BOhero'

:fp:

KK
Joined in 2008

by KK » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:11 pm

Rope Opera: How WCW Killed Vince Russo is available now at Amazon for £11.19. I'm going to wait for the price to drop before picking it up.

Hulk Hogan: My Life Outside the Ring is also up to pre-order. Hit first autobiography was a complete nonsense, & had some hilarious fabrications.

PES Fan
Joined in 2008

by PES Fan » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:26 pm

Apparently they going to try and have HBK behind the pyro incident.

Cardinal Chunder
Joined in 2008
AKA: CosmoKramer

by Cardinal Chunder » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:32 pm

Edge being on Raw means it'll be worth staying up for tonight. :shifty:

KK
Joined in 2008

by KK » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:36 pm

No Hart tonight according to PWinsider.

PES Fan wrote:Apparently they going to try and have HBK behind the pyro incident.

Depends if they've got a good camera angle. I hope so as it'd certify Michaels as a proper heel.

Return_of_the_STAR
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Wrestling Thread: WWE Elimination Chamber; TONIGHT, SBO
by Return_of_the_STAR » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:41 pm

Dante wrote::fp:

Atleast we get Return of the Star come in later telling us how good this PPV was so we can just move onto Wrestlemania and forget about EC

:lol: :x

I haven't actually watched it yet!

Yid Army
Corazon de Leon

by Corazon de Leon » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:01 pm

Mother strawberry float. I think it should be a top 5... :shifty:

Chocolate Jim
Joined in 2008

by Chocolate Jim » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:15 pm

Just watched EC. The RAW one was absolutely fantastic wasn't it. Good thing neither me and Mocky found someone to take our bet :D I thought the Miz vs MVP was another stand out match! God dammit I love Miz :wub: :wub:

The smackdown EC was less good huh!? Bit predictable

Return_of_the_STAR
Joined in 2008

by Return_of_the_STAR » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:38 pm

Ahh screw it, i won't have time to watch EC, so i have just read the results. Sounds an interesting PPV overall though, nice twist with batista but it does annoy me when you have people with the title for just a few minutes as i think it weakens the title.

Looking forward to the fall out on RAW

Oh and one thing. I didn't fricking win GRAPL!! so now i have to settle for a triple prize instead! should be alright, i figure winning 3 GRAPLS in a row must be worth like a new TV or a week in Egypt! or something similar! 8-)

Yid Army
KK
Joined in 2008

by KK » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:47 pm

I've managed to track down the video in which the pyro canister on the ring post nearly takes Undertaker's face off on DailyMotion:

13th July 1998

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x60tao ... ader_sport

KK
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Wrestling Thread: The Road to WrestleMania XXVI
by KK » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:56 pm

WWE Twitter wrote:MONEY IN THE BANK Qualifying Matches will begin TONIGHT on Raw. Watch LIVE at 9/8 CT on @USA_Network!!

So they're going with it for WrestleMania & then again 4 months later. Potentially 3 in one year? Coupled with the similar TLC PPV & it's massive overkill.

Baron Zemo
Joined in 2009
AKA: Jim

by Baron Zemo » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:19 am

Update on Bret Hart and Ric Flair
ewrestlingnews.com wrote:Bret Hart will not be at Indianapolis for tonights RAW.

Ric Flair and his wife Jacqueline had a domestic dispute on Sunday after arriving home from dinner. Flair suffered minor injuries while Jacqueline was arrested and charged with alledged assault with person weapons such as hands, feet, and teeth.

'Taker being burnt!
ewrestlingnews.com wrote:Breaking news is The Undertaker was burned last night by the flame pyro in his entrance. He wasnt seriously burned but it was bad enough that he was given water bottles throughout the match inside his cell to drench himself in. The burns were on his arms and chest.

His pre-match reaction was throwing off his jacket immediatly and sprinting to the ring instead of the usual lasting entrance. After the PPV went off the air, The Undertaker didnt do any taunts like normal after scaring off HBK. Instead he walked up the ramp and yelled at the pyro he was burned by before making some geistures. He then headed backstage furiously and yelled at WWE officials and staff. They tried to settle him down but they were un-able to. The Undertaker continued to be mad but he is lucky that it wasnt worse than it could have been.

I'd hate to see him pissed

PCCD
Joined in 2008

by PCCD » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:21 am

He has every right to be after a cock up like that.

The Holly and Delusi wrote:PENALTY: Blatant lies. Five minutes in the Sin Bin.
Balloon Sod
Joined in 2008

by Balloon Sod » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:27 am

KKLEIN wrote:
WWE Twitter wrote:MONEY IN THE BANK Qualifying Matches will begin TONIGHT on Raw. Watch LIVE at 9/8 CT on @USA_Network!!

So they're going with it for WrestleMania & then again 4 months later. Potentially 3 in one year? Coupled with the similar TLC PPV & it's massive overkill.

Someone to win and cash it in that night. Got to be the case.

Christian, maybe?

PES Fan
Joined in 2008

by PES Fan » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:27 am

KKLEIN wrote:

It would ruin it in a way. What if the guy who wins it wrestlemania doesn't cash it in during those 4 months? And we left with three wrestlers with the money in the bank.

Return to “Archive”