The Wrestling Thread: WWE WrestleMania 31 [NSFW]

Our best bits.
User avatar
KK
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Contact:

PostRe: Wrestling Thread: Cyndi Lauper returns to WWE; TONIGHT,
by KK » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:15 pm

The kind of tragic thing is that wouldn't look out of place in the current WWE Universe whatsoever.

Image
User avatar
Zellery
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Wrestling Thread: Cyndi Lauper returns to WWE; TONIGHT,
by Zellery » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:17 pm

Balloon Sod wrote:

:lol:

Jeffrey
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Newport, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Wrestling Thread: Cyndi Lauper returns to WWE; TONIGHT,
by Jeffrey » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:49 pm

No Way Out gifs:

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

My Facebook Photography page (mainly of cosplayers): http://www.facebook.com/GoldenDragonPictures
http://www.wongkarwai.net/
User avatar
KK
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Contact:

PostRe: Wrestling Thread: Cyndi Lauper returns to WWE; TONIGHT,
by KK » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:54 pm

I see the WWE have changed the WWE.com ring apron curtain.

Following No Way Out, WWE.com caught up with John Laurinaitis backstage:



JOKES.

Image
Jeffrey
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Newport, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Wrestling Thread: Cyndi Lauper returns to WWE; TONIGHT,
by Jeffrey » Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:19 pm

So which legend/past WWE Superstar is gonna show up to squash Slater tonight?
I'm hoping for Steve Blackman. :D

My Facebook Photography page (mainly of cosplayers): http://www.facebook.com/GoldenDragonPictures
http://www.wongkarwai.net/
User avatar
captain red dog
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Bristol, UK

PostRe: Wrestling Thread: Cyndi Lauper returns to WWE; TONIGHT,
by captain red dog » Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:23 pm

KKLEIN wrote:I see the WWE have changed the WWE.com ring apron curtain.

Following No Way Out, WWE.com caught up with John Laurinaitis backstage:



JOKES.

So Jinder and Khali are now mates again? :?

One thing I am concerned about is that they got rid of Johnny who was hilarious week after week only to bring in Vince who can be funny for a week then gets tiresome. As Ace is official "talent" these days I guess he will go back to being Vince's lackey or something.

User avatar
KK
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Contact:

PostRe: Wrestling Thread: Cyndi Lauper returns to WWE; TONIGHT,
by KK » Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:36 pm

captain red dog wrote:So Jinder and Khali are now mates again? :?

See, you're making that mistake of paying attention to storylines again.

Image
Something Fishy

PostRe: Wrestling Thread: Cyndi Lauper returns to WWE; TONIGHT,
by Something Fishy » Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:41 pm

Dante wrote:
Something Fishy wrote:Fair point dante.I feel he deserves a proper run at some stage though.

Lets hope this builds to summerslam


If Bryan was jobbing to Cena/Orton I'd have a huge problem - However he's having a really great series of matches that are putting him over against another very talented wrestler in Punk (Hell the Sheamus 2/3 match was really good and Bryan ran the match and was in complete control)

I'm worried Punk will turn heel and fued with face Kane who has been manipulated by the little girl - There's sill the rumours of Punk/Big Show Summerslam for the title :(

I have a believe the WWE is very high on Bryan, I mean he got a promo time with Vince himself (all be it Vince kinda burying him in Vince's way) and jumped from one title run/feud right into another top title feud - I feel he'll get the title, but then again who cares? The title means nothing in WWE these days anyway (hell Sheamus is heavily hinted at holding it for a whole strawberry floating year, the guy still won't be good enough to be the title holder at the end), it's not the goal anymore, the goal is to job to Cena in a main event, that's the new glass ceiling.

It's like WWE thought they'd give the people what they want, no Cena as champ, then turned around and made Cena main event every PPV is the big story - yet go to TNA and the title is huge and the vast majority of the roster are doing all they can to get a shot, let alone win it


Yeah good points. They must be noticing how many matches he's carrying. Perhaps not being champ is pushing him harder.

True about them devaluing the belt. Very different to TNA and a real shame.

User avatar
Dante
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: DanteCWA

PostRe: Wrestling Thread: Cyndi Lauper returns to WWE; TONIGHT,
by Dante » Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:56 pm

Y2Beautiful

:lol:

Lucien wrote:
KKLEIN wrote:It is absolutely ridiculous that for the 6th straight PPV, the main event has not involved either the WWE or World Championships. Whether Cena is or isn't the champion is an irrelevance, because he's always the headliner.


The world heavyweight belt is lucky nowadays if it isn't OPENING the PPV.


It's no surprise really, WWE burying that WCW title :slol:

Come join the GRcade World of Warcraft guild on the EU "The Maelstrom" server
Tanks wanted!
GRcadians!
User avatar
Rog
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: Cleethorpes

PostRe: Wrestling Thread: Cyndi Lauper returns to WWE; TONIGHT,
by Rog » Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:12 pm

Image
WWE No Way Out
Drumstick 17
IronMaiden 16
GM 16
Barley 16
Cattanomics 15
ROTS 15
Dig Dug 15
Zellery 15
1337grind 15
Kanbei 15
JMJ 14
E-man 14
Banjo 14
SimonM_89 14
Caped Chameleon 13
Dante 13
Cosmo 13
Slimgrady 13
Sykes 13
JChalmers 13
KKLEIN 12
J.Vengeance 12
Balloon Sod 12
Braith Gwirod 12
Hank Scorpio 12
Prototype 12
Jeffery 12
Dark Ritual 11
Tomvek 11
Lucien 11
Mockmaster 11
Jim 11
Miguel007 11
Dangerblade 11
CaptCalcium 11
Codename47 11
Teh Bork 10
Pontius Pilate 10
Reavus 9
A J Styles 9
Damage Inc 9
Corazon 7
Captain Red Dog 6

J. Vengeance, GM, E-man, Dante, Bork, Cattanomics, Dangerblade and Hank Scorpio correctly predicted the Del Rio boxers.

Drumstick got a perfect score and rakes in the bonus pot of 5 points.

SimonM_89 gave us this pearl of wisdom:
SimonM_89 wrote:Will both end up out of their tuxedos?
Prediction: Ricardo


GRAPL Tag Battle
Drumstick (17) & E-man (14) (31)
Dig Dug (15) & SimonM_89 (14) (29)
Balloon Sod (12) & Barley (16) (28)
Caped Chameleon (13) & Zellery (15) (28)
ROTS (15) & Dante (13) (28)
CaptCalcium (11) & Kanbei (15) (26)
Tomvek (11) & IronMaiden (15) (26)
Slimgrady (13) & Cosmo (13) (26)
Banjo (14) & Lucien (11) (25)
J.Vengeance (12) & JChalmers (13) (25)
Prototype (12) & Hank Scorpio (12) (24)
Cattanomics (15) & Damage Inc (9) (24)
KKLEIN (12) & Dark Ritual (11) (23)
Braith Gwirod (12) & Miguel007 (11) (23)
Dangerblade (11) & Codename47 (11) (22)
Corazon (7) & JMJ (14) (21)
Teh Bork (10) & Mockmaster (11) 21
Sykes (13) & Captain Red Dog (6) (19)
Pontius Pilate (10) & A J Styles (9) (19)
Sandycoin (0) & GM (16) (16)
1337grind (15) & Lonestar (0) (15)
Jeffery (12) & Jay Mysterio (0) (12)
Jim (11) & Mafro (0) (11)
Reavus (9) & Adam Pollard (0) (9)


Those in red are eliminated and don't qualify for the knockout tournament. Got to feel for GM and 1337 who both got great individual scores but their partners totally failed them. Also the champion is out of the tag, decider based on JMJ having the highest individual score. Is this the beginning of the end for Mockmaster's reign?

For the new people, just because you are out of tag doesn't mean you are out of the singles.

GRAPL Leaderboard
Caped Chameleon 49
Drumstick 48
KKLEIN 48
Cattanomics 46
Dark Ritual 46
IronMaiden 45
ROTS 43
JMJ 43
J.Vengeance 43
Balloon Sod 43
Braith Gwirod 43
E-man 41
Dante 41
Cosmo 40
Hank Scorpio 40
Tomvek 40
Dig Dug 39
Zellery 38
Banjo 38
Prototype 38
Corazon 38
Slimgrady 37
Lucien 37
Teh Bork 37
GM 36
1337grind 36
Sykes 35
Jeffery 35
Mockmaster 35
Jim 35
Reavus 35
Damage Inc 35
Miguel007 34
Dangerblade 34
A J Styles 34
JChalmers 30
Pontius Pilate 29
Mafro 27
CaptCalcium 24
SimonM_89 23
Barley 21
Codename47 20
Kanbei 16
Captain Red Dog 16
Jay Mysterio 13
Skippy 8
Adam Pollard 8
Sandycoin 7
Lonestar 5

Caped Chameleon goes top by one point. His first season too. KK still lurking around the top while Dark Ritual slips a few. ROTS is still hovering around ready to ponce on the top. Other than those there are a lot of fresh faces in the top ten. Drumstick, who skipped most of last year, climbs to second with his perfect score but will he be able to keep it up? This season will be very interesting.

User avatar
captain red dog
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Bristol, UK

PostRe: Wrestling Thread: Cyndi Lauper returns to WWE; TONIGHT,
by captain red dog » Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:31 pm

KKLEIN wrote:
captain red dog wrote:So Jinder and Khali are now mates again? :?

See, you're making that mistake of paying attention to storylines again.

:lol:

They blatantly just knocked together as many foreign speaking people as they could find. I'm still trying to work out what the joke was there!

User avatar
E-Man
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Edinburgh

PostRe: Wrestling Thread: Cyndi Lauper returns to WWE; TONIGHT,
by E-Man » Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:10 pm

Just watched No Way Out. Skipped through most of it except the two title matches and Cody v Christian, which were all decent enough.

I think I'm done with the weekly WWE shows now to be honest, might just download them and skip through.

Rog wrote:GRAPL Tag Battle
Drumstick (17) & E-man (14) (31)


We're The Best. 8-)

User avatar
KK
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Contact:

PostRe: Wrestling Thread: Cyndi Lauper returns to WWE; TONIGHT,
by KK » Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:20 pm

UK Ratings for the week ending 10th June 2012

IMPACT WRESTLING LIVE! (Sunday): 178,000
WWE RAW (Live): 171,000
WWE RAW Replay (Thursday): 39,000
WWE SmackDown (Friday): 91,000

The IMPACT WRESTLING rating for Sunday is the lowest it has been since February. I'm wondering if because it's now Live some people are streaming/downloading it before it airs on Challenge. It's a small enough number to certainly be in the range of possibility. The UK rating for the first Live show on Sunday was up from the previous weeks. Guess we'll have to see how the show performs over the coming episodes.

Image
User avatar
Chocolate Jim
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Wrestling Thread: Cyndi Lauper returns to WWE; TONIGHT,
by Chocolate Jim » Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:46 pm

Downloaded in No Way Out in HD ... watching Spoiler free :datass: :datass: :datass: :datass:

Will post comments later ... obviously not read the thread. I bet there are a bunch of you now laughing at me as you know I'm about to sink 3 hours on something not worth it .... back with my rage around 11 then :lol:

Image
User avatar
captain red dog
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Bristol, UK

PostRe: Wrestling Thread: Cyndi Lauper returns to WWE; TONIGHT,
by captain red dog » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:09 pm

Dante wrote:Y2Beautiful

:lol:

Lucien wrote:
KKLEIN wrote:It is absolutely ridiculous that for the 6th straight PPV, the main event has not involved either the WWE or World Championships. Whether Cena is or isn't the champion is an irrelevance, because he's always the headliner.


The world heavyweight belt is lucky nowadays if it isn't OPENING the PPV.


It's no surprise really, WWE burying that WCW title :slol:

Amazingly despite their efforts (and the efforts by WCW towards the end) I still regard the WCW title as more meaningful than the current WWE title. I think because the title design has changed so little, it gives that connection to history much better than the WWE title does with it's many redesigns. It's great when you can look back and see guys like Flair, Hogan, Sting, Savage, Hart, Goldberg etc all holding pretty much the same belt in their prime.

User avatar
Dante
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: DanteCWA

PostRe: Wrestling Thread: Cyndi Lauper returns to WWE; TONIGHT,
by Dante » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:23 pm

captain red dog wrote:
Dante wrote:Y2Beautiful

:lol:

Lucien wrote:
KKLEIN wrote:It is absolutely ridiculous that for the 6th straight PPV, the main event has not involved either the WWE or World Championships. Whether Cena is or isn't the champion is an irrelevance, because he's always the headliner.


The world heavyweight belt is lucky nowadays if it isn't OPENING the PPV.


It's no surprise really, WWE burying that WCW title :slol:

Amazingly despite their efforts (and the efforts by WCW towards the end) I still regard the WCW title as more meaningful than the current WWE title. I think because the title design has changed so little, it gives that connection to history much better than the WWE title does with it's many redesigns. It's great when you can look back and see guys like Flair, Hogan, Sting, Savage, Hart, Goldberg etc all holding pretty much the same belt in their prime.


Love the belt, kinda why I really like the TNA title, reminds me of the WH Title.

For me, the WWE title IS NOT the WWE title;' it's the John Cena title, and always will be - They have to change it if they want to move on from this phase - this site is fantastic for a look back at the WWE title WWE title history (in images)

For me, this will always be the WWE title I picture in my head
Image

followed by this
Image

Come join the GRcade World of Warcraft guild on the EU "The Maelstrom" server
Tanks wanted!
GRcadians!
User avatar
Return_of_the_STAR
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Northampton

PostRe: Wrestling Thread: Cyndi Lauper returns to WWE; TONIGHT,
by Return_of_the_STAR » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:16 pm

Dante wrote:
captain red dog wrote:
Dante wrote:Y2Beautiful

:lol:

Lucien wrote:
KKLEIN wrote:It is absolutely ridiculous that for the 6th straight PPV, the main event has not involved either the WWE or World Championships. Whether Cena is or isn't the champion is an irrelevance, because he's always the headliner.


The world heavyweight belt is lucky nowadays if it isn't OPENING the PPV.


It's no surprise really, WWE burying that WCW title :slol:

Amazingly despite their efforts (and the efforts by WCW towards the end) I still regard the WCW title as more meaningful than the current WWE title. I think because the title design has changed so little, it gives that connection to history much better than the WWE title does with it's many redesigns. It's great when you can look back and see guys like Flair, Hogan, Sting, Savage, Hart, Goldberg etc all holding pretty much the same belt in their prime.


Love the belt, kinda why I really like the TNA title, reminds me of the WH Title.

For me, the WWE title IS NOT the WWE title;' it's the John Cena title, and always will be - They have to change it if they want to move on from this phase - this site is fantastic for a look back at the WWE title WWE title history (in images)

For me, this will always be the WWE title I picture in my head
Image

followed by this
Image


Definitely agree that those two are the best WWE titles from their history. I was about to post that there's no way they would go back to them but then I remembered cody bringing back the retro IC title so it is possible. Personally I think they should wait until rock returns and wins the title. He could then say that the current title is a piece of monkey crap and unveil the new title. Although the best opportunity for a new title was last year when cm punk won and "left" with the current title.

User avatar
Chocolate Jim
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Wrestling Thread: Cyndi Lauper returns to WWE; TONIGHT,
by Chocolate Jim » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:17 pm

Up to Sin Cara vs Hunico ... this is strawberry floating awful... this whole PPV is absolute SHITE

Image
User avatar
Banjo
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Nobody cares

PostRe: Wrestling Thread: Cyndi Lauper returns to WWE; TONIGHT,
by Banjo » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:38 pm

Chocolate Jim wrote:Up to Sin Cara vs Hunico ... this is strawberry floating awful... this whole PPV is absolute SHITE


I'm sorry but did you not see the opening match? DAT ZIGGLER.

_wheredoigonow_
User avatar
Dante
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: DanteCWA

PostRe: Wrestling Thread: Cyndi Lauper returns to WWE; TONIGHT,
by Dante » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:39 pm

Something that really got to me in the PPV; Booker t - strawberry float off, you really gooseberry fool on the product with you're awful commentary. I swear he isn't even watching the match because he gets everything wrong constantly. I cannot find one positive he brings to the commentary at all, he really got under my skin with how gooseberry fool he was

My fav bit of the PPV was when he came out with something laong the lines of "I was in an interview being asked about the attitude era, and this guy (HHH is int he ring at the time) emobdies what it was. I used to sit their wathcing this guy in the ring every Monday night" - The same monday night he was strawberry floating wrestling for WCW as one of it's champions :slol: God job shitting on yourself Booker. He also claimed that Bryan has been obsessed with regaining the WWE title after he lost it!

I never through they could do worse then Cole, then Booker T comes along and vomits in my ears

Come join the GRcade World of Warcraft guild on the EU "The Maelstrom" server
Tanks wanted!
GRcadians!

Return to “Archive”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 34 guests