The Wrestling Thread: WWE WrestleMania 31 [NSFW]

Our best bits.
User avatar
Dark Ritual
Member ♥
Joined in 2010
Location: England

PostRe: Wrestling Thread: TNA Turning Point; TONIGHT, 10pm Chall
by Dark Ritual » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:42 pm

KKLEIN wrote:Coupled with the .com chart, I think the WWE are intentionally mocking their own power structure now.

WWE.com wrote:“The Wildcat” Kofi Kingston

I feel like I've missed something.


I think Kofi mentioned about releasing the Wildcat inside when he won the title or something.

User avatar
Slimgrady
Member
Joined in 2010
Location: Cork

PostRe: Wrestling Thread: TNA Turning Point; TONIGHT, 10pm Chall
by Slimgrady » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:48 pm

Laylas arse from the Dublin Raw show.....
Image

I am so strawberry floating depressed I didnt go now.....

User avatar
KK
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Contact:

PostRe: Wrestling Thread: TNA Turning Point; TONIGHT, 10pm Chall
by KK » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:32 am

Slimgrady wrote:I am so strawberry floating depressed I didnt go now.....

If it's any consolation, I think we've got the best view anyway.

WWE RAW Ratings Breakdown 12th November 2012

Show did a 2.9 rating.

Quarter 2: Lost 74,000 viewers (Randy Orton & Kofi Kingston vs. Dolph Ziggler & Alberto Del Rio)
Q3: Gained 468,000 viewers (Vickie Guerrero, AJ Lee, Dolph Ziggler and John Cena confrontation; Big Show vs. William Regal)
Q4: Lost 234,000 viewers (Kaitlyn vs. Layla; Jerry Lawler heart attack video)
Q5: Gained 745,000 viewers (The return of Jerry Lawler; arrival of CM Punk & Paul Heyman) to do a 3.4.
Q6: Lost 876,000 viewers (Heyman faking a heart attack; arrival of Mick Foley, Brad Maddox warming up backstage; start of Rey Mysterio, Sin Cara, Justin Gabriel & Tyson Kidd vs. Prime Time Players, Primo & Epico).
Q7: Gained 233,000 viewers (conclusion to the tag match; video package on the military; Brad Maddox warming up in the exact same spot...again; Fandango package).
Q8: Lost 253,000 viewers (R-Truth vs. Tensai)
Q9: Gained 755,000 viewers (Ryback vs. Brad Maddox) to do a 3.3.
Q10: Lost 910,000 viewers (Sheamus vs. David Otunga)
Q11: Lost 40,000 viewers (Kane & The Miz vs. Cody Rhodes & Damien Sandow)
Q12: Lost 313,000 viewers (Start of John Cena vs. CM Punk) to do an abysmal 2.4
Over-run: Gained 528,000 viewers (conclusion to John Cena vs. CM Punk) to close on a 3.0.

Image
User avatar
JChalmers
Member
Joined in 2010
Contact:

PostRe: Wrestling Thread: TNA Turning Point; TONIGHT, 10pm Chall
by JChalmers » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:00 am

KKLEIN wrote:
Slimgrady wrote:I am so strawberry floating depressed I didnt go now.....

If it's any consolation, I think we've got the best view anyway.

WWE RAW Ratings Breakdown 12th November 2012

Show did a 2.9 rating.

Quarter 2: Lost 74,000 viewers (Randy Orton & Kofi Kingston vs. Dolph Ziggler & Alberto Del Rio)
Q3: Gained 468,000 viewers (Vickie Guerrero, AJ Lee, Dolph Ziggler and John Cena confrontation; Big Show vs. William Regal)
Q4: Lost 234,000 viewers (Kaitlyn vs. Layla; Jerry Lawler heart attack video)
Q5: Gained 745,000 viewers (The return of Jerry Lawler; arrival of CM Punk & Paul Heyman) to do a 3.4.
Q6: Lost 876,000 viewers (Heyman faking a heart attack; arrival of Mick Foley, Brad Maddox warming up backstage; start of Rey Mysterio, Sin Cara, Justin Gabriel & Tyson Kidd vs. Prime Time Players, Primo & Epico).
Q7: Gained 233,000 viewers (conclusion to the tag match; video package on the military; Brad Maddox warming up in the exact same spot...again; Fandango package).
Q8: Lost 253,000 viewers (R-Truth vs. Tensai)
Q9: Gained 755,000 viewers (Ryback vs. Brad Maddox) to do a 3.3.
Q10: Lost 910,000 viewers (Sheamus vs. David Otunga)
Q11: Lost 40,000 viewers (Kane & The Miz vs. Cody Rhodes & Damien Sandow)
Q12: Lost 313,000 viewers (Start of John Cena vs. CM Punk) to do an abysmal 2.4
Over-run: Gained 528,000 viewers (conclusion to John Cena vs. CM Punk) to close on a 3.0.


And there was talk the WWE wanted to try and push Otunga due to his look and connections to Hollywood :fp:

Switch Friend Code - SW-0524-9164-4813
User avatar
captain red dog
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Bristol, UK

PostRe: Wrestling Thread: WWE Suvivor Series; SUNDAY, Sky Box Of
by captain red dog » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:21 am

That's incredible that the start of Punk/Cena lost so many viewers. Genuinely surprised by that.

User avatar
Soulfinger
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: on a dancefloor getting my groove on.

PostRe: Wrestling Thread: WWE Suvivor Series; SUNDAY, Sky Box Of
by Soulfinger » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:53 am

I don't post in the wrestling thread much but I like following the thread as I watch Raw, Smackdown and Impact Wrestling every week. I'm off sick from work today and just watched the Turning Point PPV including the Jeff Hardy vs Austin Aries ladder match. That was perhaps the best ladder match I've seen in recent history...had some moments that had me off the sofa say oh sh@t!! Wow. That was awesome. Pretty decent PPV considering the financial limitations TNA have compared to WWE.

Definitely worth watching guys.

User avatar
Dangerblade
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Wrestling Thread: WWE Suvivor Series; SUNDAY, Sky Box Of
by Dangerblade » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:07 pm

So I've had WWE - The Ladder Match on my Amazon Wishlist for awhile, and I noticed earlier that the price has been cut from nearly £20 to just £7.50. It features 21 ladder matches, including some real classics, so that's a bargain if I ever saw one.

It even features Chr*s B*n**t, which is odd, as it was released in 2008...

Get it: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000 ... 00_s00_i00

User avatar
KK
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Contact:

PostRe: Wrestling Thread: WWE Suvivor Series; SUNDAY, Sky Box Of
by KK » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:11 pm

WWE 13 sold 250,000 copies in its first week on sale in the US (down from WWE 12), & 57,000 over here.

Blame is being laid at the door of Hurricane Sandy.

Image
User avatar
Return_of_the_STAR
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Northampton

PostRe: Wrestling Thread: WWE Suvivor Series; SUNDAY, Sky Box Of
by Return_of_the_STAR » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:17 pm

KKLEIN wrote:WWE 13 sold 250,000 copies in its first week on sale in the US (down from WWE 12), & 57,000 over here.

Blame is being laid at the door of Hurricane Sandy.


God I remember when it would sell several hundred thousand just in the uk in its first week. It was always in the top 5 sellers of Xmas for a number of years.

User avatar
IronMaiden
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Wrestling Thread: WWE Suvivor Series; SUNDAY, Sky Box Of
by IronMaiden » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:32 pm

Dangerblade wrote:So I've had WWE - The Ladder Match on my Amazon Wishlist for awhile, and I noticed earlier that the price has been cut from nearly £20 to just £7.50. It features 21 ladder matches, including some real classics, so that's a bargain if I ever saw one.

It even features Chr*s B*n**t, which is odd, as it was released in 2008...

Get it: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000 ... 00_s00_i00


Release date's wrong on that page. It came out June 2007.

Image
User avatar
Rog
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: Cleethorpes

PostRe: Wrestling Thread: WWE Suvivor Series; SUNDAY, Sky Box Of
by Rog » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:34 pm

Image

3MB vs. Tyson Kidd & Justin Gabriel
Winners:
Loser:

World Heavyweight Champion Big Show vs. Sheamus
Winner (worth 3 points):

United States Champion Antonio Cesaro vs. R-Truth
Winner:

Divas Champion Eve vs. Kaitlyn
Winner:

WWE Champion CM Punk vs. John Cena vs. Ryback (Triple Threat Match)
Winner (worth 4):
Loser:

Team Foley vs. Team Ziggler (Traditional Survivor Series Elimination Tag Team Match)
Winning team (worth 3):
Name one survivor:
First eliminated:
First eliminator:
Last eliminated:
Last eliminator:

User avatar
JChalmers
Member
Joined in 2010
Contact:

PostRe: Wrestling Thread: WWE Suvivor Series; SUNDAY, Sky Box Of
by JChalmers » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:38 pm

3MB vs. Tyson Kidd & Justin Gabriel
Winners: 3MB
Loser: Tyson Kidd

World Heavyweight Champion Big Show vs. Sheamus
Winner (worth 3 points): Big Show

United States Champion Antonio Cesaro vs. R-Truth
Winner: Antonio Cesaro

Divas Champion Eve vs. Kaitlyn
Winner: Eve

WWE Champion CM Punk vs. John Cena vs. Ryback (Triple Threat Match)
Winner (worth 4): CM Punk
Loser: John Cena

Team Foley vs. Team Ziggler (Traditional Survivor Series Elimination Tag Team Match)
Winning team (worth 3): Team Foley
Name one survivor: The Miz
First eliminated: Cody Rhodes
First eliminator: Randy Orton
Last eliminated: Dolph Ziggler
Last eliminator: The Miz

Last edited by JChalmers on Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Switch Friend Code - SW-0524-9164-4813
User avatar
Zellery
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Wrestling Thread: WWE Suvivor Series; SUNDAY, Sky Box Of
by Zellery » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:41 pm

Soulfinger wrote:I don't post in the wrestling thread much but I like following the thread as I watch Raw, Smackdown and Impact Wrestling every week. I'm off sick from work today and just watched the Turning Point PPV including the Jeff Hardy vs Austin Aries ladder match. That was perhaps the best ladder match I've seen in recent history...had some moments that had me off the sofa say oh sh@t!! Wow. That was awesome. Pretty decent PPV considering the financial limitations TNA have compared to WWE.

Definitely worth watching guys.

Yeah I just finished watching Turning Point earlier today. The main event as you say was great, as was the number one contenders match.

User avatar
Johnny Ryall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Macraig
Location: Box Elder, MO

PostRe: Wrestling Thread: WWE Suvivor Series; SUNDAY, Sky Box Of
by Johnny Ryall » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:22 pm

I've actually been watching that ladder match DVD today. It's very good, has a lot of not commonly shown TV matches and the first mitb which I doubt they'll show again thanks to Chris.

User avatar
Chocolate Jim
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Wrestling Thread: WWE Suvivor Series; SUNDAY, Sky Box Of
by Chocolate Jim » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:49 pm

Paddy power markets are up for SS.

Tasty odds on Big Show and Eve winning

Image
User avatar
Return_of_the_STAR
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Northampton

PostRe: Wrestling Thread: WWE Suvivor Series; SUNDAY, Sky Box Of
by Return_of_the_STAR » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:01 pm

Lucien wrote:
I expect Miz to turn on his team.


Me too. Although these days this could be wwe's attempt to turn him face.

Last edited by Return_of_the_STAR on Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
1337GRIND
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Wrestling Thread: WWE Suvivor Series; SUNDAY, Sky Box Of
by 1337GRIND » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:03 pm

3MB vs. Tyson Kidd & Justin Gabriel
Winners: 3MB
Loser: Tyson Kidd

World Heavyweight Champion Big Show vs. Sheamus
Winner (worth 3 points): Big Show

United States Champion Antonio Cesaro vs. R-Truth
Winner: R-Truth

Divas Champion Eve vs. Kaitlyn
Winner: Eve

WWE Champion CM Punk vs. John Cena vs. Ryback (Triple Threat Match)
Winner (worth 4): CM Punk
Loser: John Cena

Team Foley vs. Team Ziggler (Traditional Survivor Series Elimination Tag Team Match)
Winning team (worth 3): Team Foley
Name one survivor: The Miz
First eliminated: Wade Barret
First eliminator: Kofi Kingston
Last eliminated: Alberto Del Rio
Last eliminator: The Miz

User avatar
Prototype
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Wrestling Thread: WWE Suvivor Series; SUNDAY, Sky Box Of
by Prototype » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:17 pm

3MB vs. Tyson Kidd & Justin Gabriel
Winners: 3MB
Loser: Justin Gabriel

World Heavyweight Champion Big Show vs. Sheamus
Winner (worth 3 points): Big Show

United States Champion Antonio Cesaro vs. R-Truth
Winner: Antonio Cesaro

Divas Champion Eve vs. Kaitlyn
Winner: Eve

WWE Champion CM Punk vs. John Cena vs. Ryback (Triple Threat Match)
Winner (worth 4): CM Punk
Loser: John Cena

(though the above are my official guesses, I'm pretty confident of another shitty finish)

Team Foley vs. Team Ziggler (Traditional Survivor Series Elimination Tag Team Match)
Winning team (worth 3): Team Foley
Name one survivor: The Miz
First eliminated: Kofi Kingston
First eliminator: The Miz
Last eliminated: Dolph Ziggler
Last eliminator: The Miz

Switch Code - 6445 2806 9595
User avatar
KK
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Contact:

PostRe: Wrestling Thread: WWE Suvivor Series; SUNDAY, Sky Box Of
by KK » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:28 pm

WWE are considering making a Mick Foley vs. CM Punk match at the TLC PPV in December.

Not sure how good an idea that is, as based on the last few months, Mick Foley can barely move.

Image
User avatar
Dark Ritual
Member ♥
Joined in 2010
Location: England

PostRe: Wrestling Thread: WWE Suvivor Series; SUNDAY, Sky Box Of
by Dark Ritual » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:35 pm

Winners: 3MB
Loser: Tyson Kidd

World Heavyweight Champion Big Show vs. Sheamus
Winner (worth 3 points): Big Show

United States Champion Antonio Cesaro vs. R-Truth
Winner: Antonio Cesaro

Divas Champion Eve vs. Kaitlyn
Winner: Eve

WWE Champion CM Punk vs. John Cena vs. Ryback (Triple Threat Match)
Winner (worth 4): CM Punk
Loser: John Cena

Team Foley vs. Team Ziggler (Traditional Survivor Series Elimination Tag Team Match)
Winning team (worth 3): Team Foley
Name one survivor: Randy Orton
First eliminated: Cody Rhodes
First eliminator: Randy Orton
Last eliminated: Dolph Ziggler
Last eliminator: Randy Orton


Return to “Archive”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 35 guests