Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Thrii

Anything to do with games at all.
Fisher
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Thrii
by Fisher » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:58 pm

shyguy64 what eshop game are you playing tomorrow.

shy guy 64
Joined in 2018

by shy guy 64 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:03 am

Fisher wrote:shyguy64 what eshop game are you playing tomorrow.

im not

ITSMILNER
Joined in 2008

by ITSMILNER » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:39 am

Currently sitting at 193 games in my Switch library, Pokemon this week will make that 194. If it wasn’t for the handheld option of the device I wouldn’t have half as many games, easily my top console of all time now (just wish Ninty would bring more HD Wii and GC games to the system)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Long Live Switch Squad!
Balladeer
Joined in 2018

by Balladeer » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:12 am

Same! After that first year it was only going to take a few more half-decent games to put it up there, but yep. This is it. Great little machine, very good library a year off great, shame about the trappings but oh well.

OrangeRKN
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015

by OrangeRKN » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:36 am

Yeah, it's got to be my favourite console at this point. Makes sense considering before the Switch it was probably a toss-up between the Vita and PSP :P

"Nintendo fanboys are the worst kind" - gamerforever
Web - RedBubble - @OrangeRakoon - GOTY 2018
imbusydoctorwho
Joined in 2018

by imbusydoctorwho » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:39 pm

Picked up Daemon X Machina for £30 from Smyths not a bad price tbh, really enjoyed the demo and I've heard it's had a few content updates since launch.

Fisher
Joined in 2018

by Fisher » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:58 pm

shyguy64 do you think there be a pokemon sword and shield demo this month.

Lazy Fair
Joined in 2008

by Lazy Fair » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:15 am

Any of you subscribe to Switch Player magazine?

I’ve been doing a bit of writing recently and managed to get a feature in the next issue (issue 35). Chuffed to bits!

3DS code - 2707 1618 5652
Let me know if you add me!
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

by Tomous » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:17 am

ITSMILNER wrote:Currently sitting at 193 games in my Switch library, Pokemon this week will make that 194. If it wasn’t for the handheld option of the device I wouldn’t have half as many games, easily my top console of all time now (just wish Ninty would bring more HD Wii and GC games to the system)

The quality and variety in the software library is incredible.

I’m confident the Switch regularly be touted as one of Nintendo’s best when people look back at it in the future. Possibly the best.

Balladeer
Joined in 2018

by Balladeer » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:22 am

Lazy Fair wrote:Any of you subscribe to Switch Player magazine?

I’ve been doing a bit of writing recently and managed to get a feature in the next issue (issue 35). Chuffed to bits!

I do, although I have mixed feelings about the mag. Which feature is it?

Robbo-92
Joined in 2018

by Robbo-92 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:07 am

Never read the magazine but have seen it talked about on Twitter, congrats on getting a feature in there though!

Tomous wrote:
ITSMILNER wrote:Currently sitting at 193 games in my Switch library, Pokemon this week will make that 194. If it wasn’t for the handheld option of the device I wouldn’t have half as many games, easily my top console of all time now (just wish Ninty would bring more HD Wii and GC games to the system)

I’m confident the Switch regularly be touted as one of Nintendo’s best when people look back at it in the future. Possibly the best.

The Switch is rapidly becoming my favourite Nintendo console as well, only at about 35 to 40 games for myself though, surprised anyone has the time to play nearly 200 :lol:

Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

by Drumstick » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:13 am

194 games, chuffing hell.

I've got 9. :lol:

One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image
"economically unviable"
-Oblomov Boblomov
shy guy 64
Joined in 2018

by shy guy 64 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:51 am

Fisher wrote:shyguy64 do you think there be a pokemon sword and shield demo this month.

its a bit late now surely

Jezo
Joined in 2015
AKA: Jezo

by Jezo » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:53 am

Fisher wrote:shyguy64 do you think there be a pokemon sword and shield demo this month.

>this month
>out in 4 days
BETTER DROP A DEMO GUYS

KjGarly
Joined in 2008
AKA: TheArbiter

by KjGarly » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:11 am

Didn't they release Let's Go demos after the games release or was I imagining that?

Image Image
Lazy Fair
Joined in 2008

by Lazy Fair » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:42 am

Balladeer wrote:

I do, although I have mixed feelings about the mag. Which feature is it?

It’s a feature taking about the F-Zero series. It’s not in the one that’s just come out, but is lined up for the following issue.

You not a fan? So far I’ve only had one issue (the Link’s Awakening one) and I liked it. I’m assuming the next issue will be delivered today at some point.

3DS code - 2707 1618 5652
Let me know if you add me!
Balladeer
Joined in 2018

by Balladeer » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:50 am

I think my expectations of video game magazines are just different to what SP is providing. I can get reviews online more quickly, and the use of site staff rather than a more diverse cast of freelancers means that site reviews are more likely to be consistent and comparable. Therefore I want something rather different from my magazines.

That something is humour. I grew up reading N64/NGC/NGamer Magazine where witty writing and amusing features were a priority, and due to the need to get tasty clicks they’re not so prevalent on online videogame news sites (except for when Chris Scullion’s reviewing for Nintendo Life). So far I haven’t chuckled at much in Switch Player, and they certainly haven’t done daft features like ‘The Ghost of Charlton Heston Judges Videogames’. It does its job, with a handful of longer reads (this is where I think monthly mags will always have the advantage, so long as they’re engaging) and a cavalcade of reviews. While I have a soft spot for print Nintendo journalism and am continuing to support it, I’m just not sure that job’s been for me so far.

I’ll make a special effort to read your feature though LF. :)

ITSMILNER
Joined in 2008

by ITSMILNER » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:12 pm

Tomous wrote:

Once they start bringing some of the classics from GC and Wii over like the Mario Galaxy games then it will be cemented as the best in my mind.

Long Live Switch Squad!
shy guy 64
Joined in 2018

by shy guy 64 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:09 pm

KjGarly wrote:Didn't they release Let's Go demos after the games release or was I imagining that?

they did

Squinty
Joined in 2009

by Squinty » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:18 pm

Congrats!

Return to “Games”