The Football Thread 2019/20: Hi steve_kean_1967, there are new jobs matching your search criteria!

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Saigon Slick
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: The Football Thread 2019/20: Arsenal won't have Emery Christmas
by Saigon Slick » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:26 pm

Looking forward to the Merseyside Derby highlights, sounded like quite a game.

Image
pjbetman
Member
Joined in 2017

PostRe: The Football Thread 2019/20: Arsenal won't have Emery Christmas
by pjbetman » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:38 pm

Ste wrote:Has a manager ever been sacked at half time?



:slol:

pjbetman
Member
Joined in 2017

PostRe: The Football Thread 2019/20: Arsenal won't have Emery Christmas
by pjbetman » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:39 pm

What happened with Everton penalty shout in the first half? Looked nailed to me when i saw it on a stream at work, but missed the analysis and decision.

User avatar
Captain Kinopio
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Herbi
Location: The Observatory

PostRe: The Football Thread 2019/20: Arsenal won't have Emery Christmas
by Captain Kinopio » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:47 pm

pjbetman wrote:What happened with Everton penalty shout in the first half? Looked nailed to me when i saw it on a stream at work, but missed the analysis and decision.


I think it was probably 60/40 in favour of them usually being given. Certainly wasn’t clear cut or blatant error that needed to be overturned.

pjbetman
Member
Joined in 2017

PostRe: The Football Thread 2019/20: Arsenal won't have Emery Christmas
by pjbetman » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:54 pm

Captain Kinopio wrote:
pjbetman wrote:What happened with Everton penalty shout in the first half? Looked nailed to me when i saw it on a stream at work, but missed the analysis and decision.


I think it was probably 60/40 in favour of them usually being given. Certainly wasn’t clear cut or blatant error that needed to be overturned.


Oh right, coz it looked like the defender clipped heel/foot pretty clearly, making the attacker trip over and miskick the ball. Potentially a red card too. So, diid he just trip over his own feet? We couldnt believe it wasnt given.

User avatar
Saigon Slick
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: The Football Thread 2019/20: Arsenal won't have Emery Christmas
by Saigon Slick » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:56 pm

Is it the Virgil one from the first half? Clear penalty for me.

Also, there could've been three red cards in the first half but strawberry float me if Liverpool's goals haven't all been utterly brilliant. Absolutely wonderful football.

Image
User avatar
Captain Kinopio
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Herbi
Location: The Observatory

PostRe: The Football Thread 2019/20: Arsenal won't have Emery Christmas
by Captain Kinopio » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:00 pm

pjbetman wrote:
Captain Kinopio wrote:
pjbetman wrote:What happened with Everton penalty shout in the first half? Looked nailed to me when i saw it on a stream at work, but missed the analysis and decision.


I think it was probably 60/40 in favour of them usually being given. Certainly wasn’t clear cut or blatant error that needed to be overturned.


Oh right, coz it looked like the defender clipped heel/foot pretty clearly, making the attacker trip over and miskick the ball. Potentially a red card too. So, diid he just trip over his own feet? We couldnt believe it wasnt given.


Maybe I need to see it again because it just looked like a barge from slightly behind.

User avatar
Saigon Slick
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: The Football Thread 2019/20: Arsenal won't have Emery Christmas
by Saigon Slick » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:10 pm

I think - for once - Danny Murphy was spot on about it on MOTD. Penalty and a straight red for VVD there, IMO. He's clipped him with his foot and also barged him in the back. Couldn't be any clearer.

Image
User avatar
Merry Christmous Everyone
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: The Football Thread 2019/20: Arsenal won't have Emery Christmas
by Merry Christmous Everyone » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:32 pm

It’s stonewall penalty. He gets nowhere near the ball and fouls DCL who completely fluffs his shot because of it. Not sure what VAR was playing at.

Image
pjbetman
Member
Joined in 2017

PostRe: The Football Thread 2019/20: Arsenal won't have Emery Christmas
by pjbetman » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:35 pm

Saigon Slick wrote:I think - for once - Danny Murphy was spot on about it on MOTD. Penalty and a straight red for VVD there, IMO. He's clipped him with his foot and also barged him in the back. Couldn't be any clearer.



Yep. Exactly what we thought. Worst decision ive ever seen i think. Especially with VAR to back up the ref.

pjbetman
Member
Joined in 2017

PostRe: The Football Thread 2019/20: Arsenal won't have Emery Christmas
by pjbetman » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:36 pm

Merry Christmous Everyone wrote:It’s stonewall penalty. He gets nowhere near the ball and fouls DCL who completely fluffs his shot because of it. Not sure what VAR was playing at.


Only thing i can think of is if it was outside the box? Even still, should have been a free kick (and a red card)

User avatar
Merry Christmous Everyone
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: The Football Thread 2019/20: Arsenal won't have Emery Christmas
by Merry Christmous Everyone » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:37 pm

Nah, it’s comfortably inside.

Image
User avatar
Saigon Slick
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: The Football Thread 2019/20: Arsenal won't have Emery Christmas
by Saigon Slick » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:28 am

Yeah it’s about two or three yards in. Clear as day.

Image
User avatar
Hyperion
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Beyond the wall

PostRe: The Football Thread 2019/20: Arsenal won't have Emery Christmas
by Hyperion » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:29 am

Looking at it from the back I thought it was a good tackle but it's clearly a foul. Luckily though VAR is all a conspiracy for Liverpool to win the league so it was never going to be given

Image
User avatar
Pell
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: The scarlet fields of Can'-Ka No Rey
Contact:

PostRe: The Football Thread 2019/20: Arsenal won't have Emery Christmas
by Pell » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:57 am

Hyperion wrote:Looking at it from the back I thought it was a good tackle but it's clearly a foul. Luckily though VAR is all a conspiracy for Liverpool to win the league so it was never going to be given


With Liverpool #1 enemy Atkinson on VAR duties last night, though, I was shocked he let it and a couple of potential red cards slide.

User avatar
PsychicSykes
Emeritus
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Sykes Stadium

PostRe: The Football Thread 2019/20: Arsenal won't have Emery Christmas
by PsychicSykes » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:46 pm

The ref let both sides get away with a bit last night, but at least he was consistent in that regard, I guess?

The Van Dijk incident looked a penalty to me too. I figured it was one of those stupid ones where because an attacking player has got a shot off they don't penalise them being cleared out afterwards.

---
The Epic Store is trash.
User avatar
Pell
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: The scarlet fields of Can'-Ka No Rey
Contact:

PostRe: The Football Thread 2019/20: Arsenal won't have Emery Christmas
by Pell » Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:23 pm

Consistent leniency was definitely the policy and I thought the ref did really well in that regard. You do want a *bit* of bite in a derby. (VVD could have won a pen in the 2nd half but VAR ignored that infringement too - it was almost like it was all played without VAR functioning.)

BORbles
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Football Thread 2019/20: Arsenal won't have Emery Christmas
by BORbles » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:21 pm

Everton manager have been sacked.

"The job is done, and the bitch is dead."
User avatar
KK
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Contact:

PostRe: The Football Thread 2019/20: Arsenal won't have Emery Christmas
by KK » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:24 pm

I think this is the first time I’ve ever heard Alan Shearer do commentary.

Image
User avatar
darksideby182
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: cove grove

PostRe: The Football Thread 2019/20: Arsenal won't have Emery Christmas
by darksideby182 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:25 pm

KK wrote:I think this is the first time I’ve ever heard Alan Shearer do commentary.

I think he's done the Euros or World cup for the BBC previously.

Wii U : punkeator
Xbox live : darksideby182
Psn : darksideby182
steam : Punkeator
Origin : Punkeator
Switch : 6739-1557-7191

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cuđđoolph, Festivus Maximus, Frank, Godzilla, Google [Bot], massimo, Squinty, Vermi Claus, Zilnad and 56 guests