The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - First Trailer

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
Corazon de Leon

PostRe: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - First Trailer
by Corazon de Leon » Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:46 pm

As I said:

Corazon de Leon » Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:21 am wrote:Mephisto's not gonna pop up in Spider-Man, I'm pretty sure somebody else has the rights(presumably Marvel as he's one of Ghost Rider's rogues). I'd love to see Kraven though, he's brilliant.

The rights reverted to Marvel last year, IIRC.

HM
Joined in 2008

by HM » Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:48 pm

Yeah the only one they officially confirmed is Daredevil, with the netflix series obv. Supposedly GR, Punisher and I think Blade have return to Marvel as well.

Igor wrote:HM is the man you should all strive to be.
tomvek
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

by tomvek » Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:31 pm

Mafro » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:12 pm wrote:Just out from seeing this. Worse than the first film.

That's quite impressive. First film was just so uninspired and boring.

Was going to see this next week but I think I'll give it a miss now and catch a better film. Totally agree with the above posts, Sony will never give up the rights unfortunately unless Marvel pay them a fortune :(

Rog
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

by Rog » Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:02 pm

My review:
SONY. BLU-RAY. SONY VAIO. Z2 TABLET AND PHONE. SONY. SONY CRT MONITORS. WATCH THE NEXT FILM. OH AND X-MEN TOO.

Didn't spot a PS4 strangely enough :lol:

Like the first, nothing in this film has any meaning. The villains don't even need to be there at all. Whole thing wobbles in tone throughout. Most noticeable in the score. They have Hans Zimmer do the soundtrack and his oppressive pounding music just doesn't fit with what is happening at all. It feels like they brainstormed writing down bullet points of what they should have in the sequel and never bothered to connect them all together.

Denster
Joined in 2008

by Denster » Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:02 pm

The first one wasn't a bad film but it was too soon after the others and really didn't need to be rebooted. I really don't think it was as good as the first two of Raimi's either.

The fact that it was rebooted just for money reasons sucks ass. It means we're just going to be getting a slew of so-so spidey films instead of the quality the source material deserves. Very annoying.

Corazon de Leon

by Corazon de Leon » Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:06 pm

Denster » Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:02 pm wrote:The first one wasn't a bad film but it was too soon after the others and really didn't need to be rebooted. I really don't think it was as good as the first two of Raimi's either.

The fact that it was rebooted just for money reasons sucks ass. It means we're just going to be getting a slew of so-so spidey films instead of the quality the source material deserves. Very annoying.

Exactly my problem with the AMS films. What happens when they run out of prefixes for reboots anyway? The Sort-Of Alright Really Spider-Man? The Standard Spider-Man?

Rog
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

by Rog » Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:18 pm

Spiderman ONE.

Garth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Garth » Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:31 pm

The Not-So-Amazing Spoderman

Corazon de Leon

by Corazon de Leon » Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:46 pm

Spider-Man Starts.

Denster
Joined in 2008

by Denster » Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:57 pm

The only to piss off Marvel and all the fans adventures of Snideyman.

NBK
Joined in 2008

by NBK » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:38 pm

Cosmo » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:57 pm wrote:Saw it last night. Didn't think it was terrible, but it wasn't great either. Even though I knew it was coming I was still pretty sad when Gwen died. And I thought Dane DeHaan was gooseberry fool as Harry.

I just wish Disney would pay Sony to get the rights back to Marvel. I don't think I can take another Sony made Spider-Man film, even if I do enjoy Andrew Garfield's performance.

I thought he was pretty good :?

I enjoyed it more than most folk here I think, but then I enjoyed Van Helsing so what do I know? :)

I thought the Electro interrogation scene (and the German Doctor) were pretty naff but found the rest to be fine. Poor Gwen.

Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

by Lagamorph » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:56 pm

I actually quite enjoyed that, was about as good as the first one. And I'm liking The Amazing Spiderman films better than the original trilogy :shifty:

I knew what was coming with Gwen, pretty much as soon as they had the scene ontop of the bridge I knew they were going to go with killing her. Honestly I thought it was going to be there, something similar to her death in the comics.
I kinda felt sorry for Electro, he was a pretty sympathetic villain. He started as a guy who clearly had a few mental issues, but was relatively harmless and just wanted to be acknowledged for his accomplishments. What happened to him wasn't his fault, the world just seemed to be conspiring against him that day. Then he seemed willing to get help with what had happened, but again fate just conspired against him.

What they did with Harry and the Goblin was interesting, and I'm glad that the Goblin's appearance was fairly late on so it didn't become the focus of the film, and it's a really good setup for a third film probably focusing on the Sinister Six. Not sure it would work as a complete spin-off though.

Of course, whilst these films are pretty good, I do think Marvel themselves could do a better job of making some standalone Spiderman films and integrating him into the MCU, eventually bringing him into The Avengers.

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
Johnny Ryall
Joined in 2008
AKA: Macraig

by Johnny Ryall » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:06 pm

I enjoyed this film.

CuriousOyster
Joined in 2008

by CuriousOyster » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:09 pm

I don't really want to see Spiderman go into the MU. As others have mentioned, his list of enemies is pretty much second to none and I like its seperate (much like the comic, whereby the Avengers only pop in rarely).

HM
Joined in 2008

by HM » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:13 pm

CuriousOyster » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:09 pm wrote:I don't really want to see Spiderman go into the MU. As others have mentioned, his list of enemies is pretty much second to none and I like its seperate (much like the comic, whereby the Avengers only pop in rarely).

If Marvel got the rights back, he'd get superior solo films to the gooseberry fool being peddled out atm by Sony AND you'd get him in Avengers movie. How is that not better?

CuriousOyster
Joined in 2008

by CuriousOyster » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:22 pm

HM » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:13 pm wrote:
CuriousOyster » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:09 pm wrote:I don't really want to see Spiderman go into the MU. As others have mentioned, his list of enemies is pretty much second to none and I like its seperate (much like the comic, whereby the Avengers only pop in rarely).

If Marvel got the rights back, he'd get superior solo films to the gooseberry fool being peddled out atm by Sony AND you'd get him in Avengers movie. How is that not better?

Im pretty happy with the current movie. Casting is great and they are pretty faithful to the comics. Story could do with beefing up a bit but cant much else Marvel would do. Spidey films always get a rough ride compared to other superheroes so don't why a change of rights would stop the moaning. Suppose extra Spidey (with him irritating the team to strawberry float) would be good.

HM
Joined in 2008

by HM » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:25 pm

CuriousOyster » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:22 pm wrote:

Im pretty happy with the current movie. Casting is great and they are pretty faithful to the comics. Story could do with beefing up a bit but cant much else Marvel would do. Spidey films always get a rough ride compared to other superheroes so don't why a change of rights would stop the moaning. Suppose extra Spidey (with him irritating the team to strawberry float) would be good.

They certainly weren't with the villains.

I don't get your reasoning that spidey films get a "rough ride" that even marvel couldn't fix either.

CuriousOyster
Joined in 2008

by CuriousOyster » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:32 pm

HM » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:25 pm wrote:
CuriousOyster » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:22 pm wrote:

They certainly weren't with the villains.

I don't get your reasoning that spidey films get a "rough ride" that even marvel couldn't fix either.

Yeah but as I said in previous posts could you imagine how hilarious Electro etc would look?Green Goblin would look ridiculous as well.

What I mean is people are always down on Spidey films, usually even before seeing them, so I don't see how changing of rights would change that. I would obviously prefer for Marvel to have them to begin with.

HM
Joined in 2008

by HM » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:45 pm

CuriousOyster » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:32 pm wrote:Yeah but as I said in previous posts could you imagine how hilarious Electro etc would look?Green Goblin would look ridiculous as well.

What I mean is people are always down on Spidey films, usually even before seeing them, so I don't see how changing of rights would change that. I would obviously prefer for Marvel to have them to begin with.

I'm not saying they have to look exactly like their comic book counterparts, but I'm 100% confident Marvel could have done Electro/GG a million times better than Sony's crappy effort and Marvel would have cast them better too. Dubstep Electro and Gommba Lizard were a joke. Look how well Marvel updated (MAJOR CAPT 2 SPOILERS) Zola in Capt 2, he could have been a ridiculous looking villain but I thought it was superb.

People are down on the Spidey films because Spidey 3 was a horrific mess, ASM #1 was a boring retread of everything we already know and thus there isn't going to be much hype for ASM2 (and also I suspect a lot of the fanbase would now prefer a marvel studios version). Yet when I went to see it there were kids there that were absolutely strawberry floating HYPED just because it's Spidey. Hence why you're "people are always down on spidey films", like they purposefully pick out the spidey films makes no sense.

Corazon de Leon

by Corazon de Leon » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:03 am

HM » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:45 pm wrote:
CuriousOyster » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:32 pm wrote:Yeah but as I said in previous posts could you imagine how hilarious Electro etc would look?Green Goblin would look ridiculous as well.

I'm not saying they have to look exactly like their comic book counterparts, but I'm 100% confident Marvel could have done Electro/GG a million times better than Sony's crappy effort and Marvel would have cast them better too. Dubstep Electro and Gommba Lizard were a joke. Look how well Marvel updated (MAJOR CAPT 2 SPOILERS) Zola in Capt 2, he could have been a ridiculous looking villain but I thought it was superb.

People are down on the Spidey films because Spidey 3 was a horrific mess, ASM #1 was a boring retread of everything we already know and thus there isn't going to be much hype for ASM2 (and also I suspect a lot of the fanbase would now prefer a marvel studios version). Yet when I went to see it there were kids there that were absolutely strawberry floating HYPED just because it's Spidey. Hence why you're "people are always down on spidey films", like they purposefully pick out the spidey films makes no sense.

That's me. :datass:

Return to “Stuff”