GRcade plays... Dark Souls series

Anything to do with games at all.
Billbones84
Member
Joined in 2015

PostRe: GRcade plays... Dark Souls series
by Billbones84 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:33 am

Ceaseless Discharge, Demon Firesage and Centipede Demon all down today.

The Demon Firesage gave me a bit of trouble, I don’t think my build is suited to that kind of boss.

Hopefully get The Bed of Chaos done today too. I have to say, it’s a fantastic game and I do hope the sequel gets ported to the Switch at some point.

User avatar
jawa
Member
Joined in 2020

PostRe: GRcade plays... Dark Souls series
by jawa » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:26 pm

Billbones84 wrote:Ceaseless Discharge, Demon Firesage and Centipede Demon all down today...

I continue to be amazed that you're storming through this in your first run, Billbones :o .

User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: GRcade plays... Dark Souls series
by Victor Mildew » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:15 pm

Billbones84 wrote:Ceaseless Discharge, Demon Firesage and Centipede Demon all down today.

The Demon Firesage gave me a bit of trouble, I don’t think my build is suited to that kind of boss.

Hopefully get The Bed of Chaos done today too. I have to say, it’s a fantastic game and I do hope the sequel gets ported to the Switch at some point.


Sounds like you're using a guide :capnscotty:

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
Billbones84
Member
Joined in 2015

PostRe: GRcade plays... Dark Souls series
by Billbones84 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:18 pm

Haha not suing a guide but I’ve watched The Game Maker’s Toolkit video for Dark Souls a lot!

Billbones84
Member
Joined in 2015

PostRe: GRcade plays... Dark Souls series
by Billbones84 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:51 pm

Did The Bed of Chaos, comfortably the worst boss fight I’ve come across so far.

User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula
Contact:

PostRe: GRcade plays... Dark Souls series
by Jenuall » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:06 pm

If it didn't have such shitty hitboxes and collision then Bed of Chaos would have been a cool idea

Image
User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009
Location: The Umbral Plains

PostRe: GRcade plays... Dark Souls series
by Preezy » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:09 pm

All these boss names that I haven't even heard of yet - so much more horror in store :dread:

Image
Billbones84
Member
Joined in 2015

PostRe: GRcade plays... Dark Souls series
by Billbones84 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:17 pm

Jenuall wrote:If it didn't have such shitty hitboxes and collision then Bed of Chaos would have been a cool idea


The platforming and the cheap part when you actually get inside the tree feel very cheap.

User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: GRcade plays... Dark Souls series
by Mafro » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:22 pm

Going live with some Demon's Souls! https://www.twitch.tv/mafroafro

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Pedz
Twitch Team
Joined in 2009

PostRe: GRcade plays... Dark Souls series
by Pedz » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:11 am

Going to eat my Ready Brek (YES I AM A CHILD!!!!) and then I'll be playing this. Keep your eyes peeled for some Pedz crying at Dark Souls on www.twitch.tv/grcadeuk

Image
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula
Contact:

PostRe: GRcade plays... Dark Souls series
by Jenuall » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:12 am

Ready Brek at 11am? More like Ready Brunch amirite!?

Image
User avatar
jawa
Member
Joined in 2020

PostRe: GRcade plays... Dark Souls series
by jawa » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:14 am

Pedz wrote:Going to eat my Ready Brek (YES I AM A CHILD!!!!) and then I'll be playing this. Keep your eyes peeled for some Pedz crying at Dark Souls on http://www.twitch.tv/grcadeuk

Ready Brek... the fuel for Pedz's Zweihander! :toot: .

User avatar
The Watching Artist
Scrub
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GRcade plays... Dark Souls series
by The Watching Artist » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:19 pm

jawa wrote:
Pedz wrote:Going to eat my Ready Brek (YES I AM A CHILD!!!!) and then I'll be playing this. Keep your eyes peeled for some Pedz crying at Dark Souls on http://www.twitch.tv/grcadeuk

Ready Brek... the fuel for Pedz's Zweihander! :toot: .

Jawa are you going to play this soon? Pedz wants to raid you

Image
User avatar
Hypes
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Beyond the wall

PostRe: GRcade plays... Dark Souls series
by Hypes » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:21 pm

I did a couple of the fire demon bosses earlier in the week, one absolutely smashed me as I couldn't move onto the lava, second fight I realised there was a bit to move onto just round the corner and then I obliterated him.
Think I'm in or around Iziliath or whatever it's called with lots of lava
Edit - No I did that and got into that place and then fell down a big hole into a bricky swamp which I couldn't get out of, I tried jumping down another hole but that was a bad hole and not a good hole and I died

Last edited by Hypes on Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula
Contact:

PostRe: GRcade plays... Dark Souls series
by Jenuall » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:21 pm

How is Pedz getting on? Still dominating all before him with the might of the Zweihander?

Image
User avatar
Pedz
Twitch Team
Joined in 2009

PostRe: GRcade plays... Dark Souls series
by Pedz » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:54 pm

Jenuall wrote:How is Pedz getting on? Still dominating all before him with the might of the Zweihander?


Nah, did kill Sif and The um. I forgot its name. Unrelenting Seepage. And then killed a load of other gooseberry fool with my Zweihander. I love how it just stuns so many enemies.

Image
Billbones84
Member
Joined in 2015

PostRe: GRcade plays... Dark Souls series
by Billbones84 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:31 pm

Hypes wrote:I did a couple of the fire demon bosses earlier in the week, one absolutely smashed me as I couldn't move onto the lava, second fight I realised there was a bit to move onto just round the corner and then I obliterated him.
Think I'm in or around Iziliath or whatever it's called with lots of lava
Edit - No I did that and got into that place and then fell down a big hole into a bricky swamp which I couldn't get out of, I tried jumping down another hole but that was a bad hole and not a good hole and I died


There’s a ring you can get that lets you run over the lave and only take minimal damage, I think you have to cut off a part of the Centipede Demon to get it. But it makes that whole area much more straightforward.

I did Pinwheel today, he was laughably easy, I wish I’d known the reward you get for beating him though, I would have tackled this area much earlier.

Onto the tomb of the giants now ...

Billbones84
Member
Joined in 2015

PostRe: GRcade plays... Dark Souls series
by Billbones84 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:17 pm

Gravelord Nito down.

Did him on my first go, same strategy as the Four Kings, Havel’s armour and my +12 Zweihander and I tanked him. Ran in to hit him two or three times then ran away for his blast, did that probably four times and he was down.

User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009
Location: The Umbral Plains

PostRe: GRcade plays... Dark Souls series
by Preezy » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:18 pm

I've got this Zweihander in my inventory, going to have to give it a go.

Image
Billbones84
Member
Joined in 2015

PostRe: GRcade plays... Dark Souls series
by Billbones84 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:20 pm

It’s been a great weapon for my build.


Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: <]:^D, CitizenErased, Cuttooth, ITSMILNER, KjGarly, Memento Mori, Oblomov Boblomov, Qikz, Tafdolphin, wensleydale and 217 guests